PDA

View Full Version : 'Mityvac' Brake Bleeding?

SiR Kolos
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
I didn't want to hijack a thread...

Has anyone tried one of the 'Mityvac' (brake bleeding system) products?

I was planning on getting one to hook up to my DeWalt air compressor. I have a set of Goodridge SS brake lines sitting here and want to install them. I typically work by myself, so to spend $50-$100 is worth it if it makes things easier on me. (Plus, I like tools).

tdman77
04-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I have one. It has to be one of the best specality tools I have bought. I makes bleeding brakes a sinch. Highly recommend getting it. If you need any help using it send me a PM. It is pretty straight forward and easy to use.

Tom

05silversi
05-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Pressure bleeding is easier: http://www.motiveproducts.com/

Problem with MightyVac is vacuum pulls air past the threads on the bleeder nipple = will always have a tiny bit of air in the caliper. The spring and ball Speedbleeders have the same problem and have a sealant on the threads to address the issue. I have used teflon tape on the nipples with the MightyVac and solves the problem but it's a PITA. This doesn't happen with a pressure bleeder.

The Motive bleeder isn't without issues though, works great if you can use one of the screw-on caps, but sucks if you have to use the universal adapter. I plan to flush my brakes this summer and will attempt to fabricate some caps from spare OE caps. If it works I will post a DIY.