PDA

View Full Version : Where to get 2.5" idler pulley?

RoyVegasPinoy
04-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Where do I go about getting the 2.5" idler pulley for the JRSC again? Is it only from JR? I thought I remember reading in an old (pre-crash) thread that there were other places to get them. And what size isthe EP3 idler pulley?

And I might as well ask...

What belt sizes fit the following:

4.0" JRSC Pulley w/ RSX 2.5" idler pulley
3.8" JRSC Pulley w/ EP3 idler pulley
3.8" JRSC Pulley w/ RSX 2.5" idler pulley

I used to remember these things but it's been a while. Thanks.

BlownSi05
04-30-2008, 08:56 AM
the gatorback 4070622 62.2" belt will work with all three setups. the pulley you should be able to get from any acura stealership. dont know the price or if there is a better place to get it from. i grabbed my friends from his totalled 04 rsx-s.

4angrybadgers
04-30-2008, 11:25 AM
The 62.2" belt may be too long for the 3.8"/EP3 idler combo (EP3 idler is 2"). It will work for the other two combos just fine.

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=54786
Part #772-120 is the RSX idler.

jimmyjames
04-30-2008, 11:30 AM
The main pulley place is pulleyboys.com.
I am unsure though if you can get the 2.5" idler from there.
(is that the RSX one?)

4angrybadgers
04-30-2008, 11:31 AM
The main pulley place is pulleyboys.com.
I am unsure though if you can get the 2.5" idler from there.
(is that the RSX one?)

Yes, the RSX idler is 2.5". I don't see it on pulleyboys though.

jimmyjames
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Yes, the RSX idler is 2.5". I don't see it on pulleyboys though.OK, if that's the case, supercharger.com for the idler pulley, pulleyboys.com for the 3.8" pulley.

BlownSi05
04-30-2008, 12:44 PM
The 62.2" belt may be too long for the 3.8"/EP3 idler combo (EP3 idler is 2"). It will work for the other two combos just fine.

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=54786
Part #772-120 is the RSX idler.

it will work, you just do not have more than about 4-6 threads left on the tensioner bolt. maybe even less:meek:

jeffgeezer
04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
OK, if that's the case, supercharger.com for the idler pulley, pulleyboys.com for the 3.8" pulley.
yeah that! moss motors (supercharger.com) for 2.5 rsx idler pulley, pulley boys (pulleyboys.com) for the 3.8/3.7 jrsc pulley. gatorback 4070622 62.2 will do ok. mine still squeaks though, 2.5/3.8 pulleys and belt's all the way almost touching compressor pulley.. i hope there's something shorter.

v1c10us
04-30-2008, 04:05 PM
why does the rsx have an idler pulley? I thought the only reason we have one is because we dont have hydraulic power steering, thus an idler pulley.
Do we have 2 idler pulleys and the rsx's have one?

jeffgeezer
04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
why does the rsx have an idler pulley? I thought the only reason we have one is because we dont have hydraulic power steering, thus an idler pulley.
Do we have 2 idler pulleys and the rsx's have one?
for their jrsc belt tensioner

Kerby
05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
refresh my memory the reason why the rsx 2.5" idler pulley is better?

RoyVegasPinoy
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
refresh my memory the reason why the rsx 2.5" idler pulley is better?

Reduces belt slippage.

v1c10us
05-01-2008, 08:18 PM
for their jrsc belt tensioner
no thats not what I mean..
the ep3 has an idler pulley that goes where the pulley for the hydraulic steering compressor goes on the rsx's a3.
I didnt know that the rsx a3 even had an idler pulley.
are you saying that it doesnt have one and you have to put it on?
Because i was fairly sure that stock, the rsx's a3 doesnt have an idler pulley.

jeffgeezer
05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
no thats not what I mean..
the ep3 has an idler pulley that goes where the pulley for the hydraulic steering compressor goes on the rsx's a3.
I didnt know that the rsx a3 even had an idler pulley.
are you saying that it doesnt have one and you have to put it on?
Because i was fairly sure that stock, the rsx's a3 doesnt have an idler pulley.
oops, sorry. i thought that's what u were asking. i didn't know they have pulley for hydraulic steering compressor. not really familiar with rsx set-up. i thought it was exactly like ours. for ours, as far as i remember, i took off the stock idler pulley n replaced it with the jrsc belt tensioner. i guess, theirs is so that the belt would go to the direction where it should go to. and the pulley's just made bigger. pls correct me if im wrong

BlownSi05
05-02-2008, 06:29 AM
oops, sorry. i thought that's what u were asking. i didn't know they have pulley for hydraulic steering compressor. not really familiar with rsx set-up. i thought it was exactly like ours. for ours, as far as i remember, i took off the stock idler pulley n replaced it with the jrsc belt tensioner. i guess, theirs is so that the belt would go to the direction where it should go to. and the pulley's just made bigger. pls correct me if im wrong

yes, our idler pulley assembly is replaced with the JR tensioner assembly when you do the JRSC. the rsx does not have an idler pulley. the 2.5" pulley that is being mentioned is actually from the tensioner assembly fo rthe rsx JRSC kit. that is what i pulled off of my friend's kit since he went turbo on his '06 type-s.