PDA

View Full Version : Progress rear sway bar/tie bar combo clearance with the Greddy Ti-C?

nos4mao
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I will be putting on the Greddy Ti-C system and further down the line will be getting the Progress rear sway bar/tie bar combo and was wondering if the fitment is ok between the two or will bumping and/or any other noises coming from the Progress bar bumping the Greddy Ti-C happen? Are there any other sway bars and tie bars I could look into that woulnt interfere with the Greddy TiC. I'm trying to keep the budget under for a new rear sway bar and tie bar... and I thought the Progress set-up was a great deal. Thanks!!

Matt

02nhbpep3
05-01-2008, 07:42 AM
You will probably rub from what I hear about the progress rear sway but I would like to know also. I have the HKS hi-power and I'm proally gonna get the progress sway also and wrap the part that hits the exhaust with some header wrap to keep it from making noises.

ohdamngetit
05-01-2008, 01:09 PM
gotta agree, the progress rear sway bar w/tie is a great deal. I just picked it up and will be installing this weekend. I have a stock muffler so I dont know if I can help with the rubbing/knocking from the bar to muffler but I'll make an update here anyways. I'm also installing Tokico D's, Progress Sport Springs, Eibach camber kit and Omni LCA's. We'll see how it goes..... cant wait!!! :smile:

renovator
05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
since the Ti-C has 60mm diameter piping, there shouldn't be any problem. but i have the EVO TT and that's 70mm, i'm worried about clearance issues as well. i remember the challenge car had a custom 3-inch piping and had a notch built in so that the bar could clear. if the weather's good this weekend, i'll give it another shot at trying to install it again. (one of the end-links is seized on my stock bar)

ohdamngetit
05-04-2008, 03:18 PM
so I got it all together and guess what? I have a clearance issue. The sway bar is rubbing against the back of the muffler.... oh and on top of that, my rear driver side end link broke. o_0 damn, so just a heads up to whom ever is gonna do this mod, get some aftermarket end links to go with the package. Everything else went and fitted fine. The ride is great is great IMO, all that is needed now is an alignment.