PDA

View Full Version : Koni or Tokico supsension kit?

dogula
04-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Does anybody have an experience with either of these? Everyone seems to suggest coilovers or some spring/strut combo. I don't want coilovers because I don't think I would ever adjust the ride height once I got them setup. The kit seems like a good idea because the spring rates would be matched with the struts. So.... 2 questions. 1) Does anyone know the spring rates for these kits? 2) Does anybody have any experience installing the d-spec kit. I know the Koni install involves cutting and reusing the old strut housing. Is the d-spec kit install similar?

MidnightRacer59
04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Bump! I'm curious as well :mbiggrin:

dogula
05-01-2008, 04:35 PM
come on, someone has to at least know about the d-spec install. I can't find anything EP specific on this.

JohnnyTavo
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
The D-specs are full replacements, no cutting, the Konis only require reusing the front struts, but that is pretty obvious

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Tokico......ftw

LvisDin
05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
The springs on the dspecs are soft i believe? get some dspecs and H&r. I might go that route.

smoody
05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I kind of want to know the combo of H&Rs and dspecs as well.

siver-SI
05-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Ok just saw this. I have the D-specs. I installed them a little over a month ago and I love them. They are just like the OEM shocks for install. No cutting at all just a nice bolt on. If my bolts did not get frozen into the bottom of rear OEM struts the install would have been great and easy. I have sportlines and I love the ride and how they are adjustable for feel.

dogula
05-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the info! Maybe I should just go the strut spring/route. You would think that finding the spring rates on the kits would be easy. I have heard the Konis are nice, I just don't think I want to jack with cutting the old struts.

epshtielsl
05-02-2008, 06:19 AM
If you want the spring rates try searching for them on the manufacturer's website. If you can't find them, give them a call. I hear they both have great customer service.

mustclime
05-02-2008, 06:20 AM
I have had both, I like the konis over the d-specs. The koni install is a little tougher but worth it imo. If you decide to autoX in the stock class, the konis are the only choice.

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 06:51 AM
I have had both, I like the konis over the d-specs. The koni install is a little tougher but worth it imo. If you decide to autoX in the stock class, the konis are the only choice.

koni is a tougher install definitely, but the koni is a much better shock...mustclime learned me good on the topics of shocks :mbiggrin:

jw1
05-07-2008, 01:34 AM
If you intend on doing any AutoX or track stuff go with the Konis. Get the RSX spec Konis for the rear though as they are a little stiffer.

!@#$%
05-07-2008, 01:37 AM
I've had the dspecs on my car for almost 4 years now. I'm local if you want to see the difference.