PDA

View Full Version : any diy wheel paint?

wishbear
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
i wan tto know if there a diy for painting your own wheels my rota slips are fading and fading quick dont know why i clean it every week!

trickkykidd.02
05-10-2008, 09:15 PM
they sell some at kragen. If you buy any two spray paint cans the third is free. Get some wheel clear coat too.

I have some but I havent painted anything yet....

NrGiNnY14
05-10-2008, 10:09 PM
i wan tto know if there a diy for painting your own wheels my rota slips are fading and fading quick dont know why i clean it every week!

if you have never painted before, then bring them to a place to have them done. i thought it was going to be easy painting my stockies, and they came out like garbage. i'm getting them redone by my friends shop because i know if i try again it will suck just as bad

humpmasterflex
05-10-2008, 10:12 PM
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=444607

Nuff SAID!

civictype_r04
05-11-2008, 06:25 PM
if you have never painted before, then bring them to a place to have them done. i thought it was going to be easy painting my stockies, and they came out like garbage. i'm getting them redone by my friends shop because i know if i try again it will suck just as bad

I agree pay a body shop to do it. It will look a hundred time better then a rattle can.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=444607

Nuff SAID!

Very nice DIY but why would he paint his wheels green?:wacko:

siver-SI
05-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Holy crap talk about unsafe. Did you see how they have the cars jacked up. YIKES.

The green does nothing for me and I wondering how the rims are holding up with out any primer.

humpmasterflex
05-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Holy crap talk about unsafe. Did you see how they have the cars jacked up. YIKES.

The green does nothing for me and I wondering how the rims are holding up with out any primer.

Dunno... but you can always put like 2 coats of primer before you start spraying the paint... no biggie.

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 09:45 AM
wow that really didnt look safe at all...fuckin idiots, woulda cost them nothing for some jackstands...

as for painting your wheels yourself, its not that hard, you just have to take your time, look at my wheels, i did those myself and they turned out great...

soliddog
11-13-2012, 08:30 AM
my set wheels are getting corrosion all over
so I have decided to paint it black
sanded it down with grit 250 --> 1 coat of primer ---> 2 coats of gloss black
they turned out to be pretty good :)

EUB44
11-13-2012, 09:32 PM
My diy project will be done in few weeks. Waiting for perfect finish. I`ll open new thread about it.