PDA

View Full Version : AEM Cold Air Removal - Help Please!

sifrk32
05-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Right now I have a aem cai and the filter goes right next to the wheel. Lately it has been raining and NJ roads are horrible so I'm replacing the cai with an aem v2 sai.

My question is...after looking down into the engine bay and seeing how far down the cai goes, it looks like i have to remove the front bumper. If so, how do I go about doing that? I've tried searching.

Help appreciated.

1fast03ep
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
This is the installation instructions for factory fog lights, instructions on how to remove the bumper are on page 3. be sure to have a blanket under the front of the car when removing and replacing the bumper.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/sifogs.pdf

Tammy
05-01-2008, 10:59 PM
i didn't have to remove my bumper during installation...maybe because i cut out a part of my driverside wheel well to fit part of it. just take off ur driverside wheel, and take off the plastic piece of the wheel well/splash guard and you should be able to access it...cheers!

L337Ep3
05-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Taking the bumper off really isnt too hard and makes the job a lot easier.

IF you look up the instructions for installing Injen's CAI on their website it will include instructions on how to take off the bumper. The steps fro removal on the INjen should also be similar to the AEM.

4angrybadgers
05-02-2008, 05:38 AM
I've removed my CAI with the bumper and wheel still on (and it was the 3" version, so the EP-sized one would be even easier). Just crank the wheels all the way to the right, remove the fender lining / splash guard thing, and take your time.

1fast03ep
05-02-2008, 06:11 AM
By the way, why are you buying a new intake, just cut that CAI and make an SRI!

vbpracer
05-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Right now I have a aem cai and the filter goes right next to the wheel. Lately it has been raining and NJ roads are horrible so I'm replacing the cai with an aem v2 sai.

My question is...after looking down into the engine bay and seeing how far down the cai goes, it looks like i have to remove the front bumper. If so, how do I go about doing that? I've tried searching.

Help appreciated.

Did you buy the car with the intake already on it? Or did you just forget how to take it back out... lol