PDA

View Full Version : Look WAt Arrived !!!

KrypTOniTE
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Wooot!!! Finally put it to the test!!!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/dina91_2006/DSC02910.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/dina91_2006/DSC02911.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/dina91_2006/DSC02913.jpg

I found a small crack.... i was gonna cry!!!

creamSODA
05-01-2008, 10:23 AM
oooooo you gotta come out to some meets man i gotta see that in person

bunk
05-01-2008, 10:23 AM
That looks pretty sick... PUT IT ON!! lol

creamSODA
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
and when you want a photoshoot let me know

bunk
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
oooooo you gotta come out to some meets man i gotta see that in person

I love your avatar.

talonXracer
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
That has a nice profile, I like it.

PAPITUYO326
05-01-2008, 10:27 AM
:mtongue::mtongue:

Thatd look killlllllllllllller on white or blue. wow.

bdooley
05-01-2008, 10:28 AM
holy shit! thats nice as hell put it on and take pics

KrypTOniTE
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
yea ama leave it carbon for a while...my plans to paint it red or black... half way... where you can notice i have a additional lip on it.... it will look sick!!!

Tnhatch03
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
aw snaps!!

looks great. now get some pictures of it on.

ClouD
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Carbon fiber. mmmmmm sweet. Post sum after pics.

Windchaser
05-01-2008, 10:46 AM
It does look amazing in the sunlight.

Tnhatch03
05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
edit your first post and hit enter on the URL's so the pictures are going down. then you can delete your second post so you do not have double posts.

1fast03ep
05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
That's gonna look hot!

BaLisTek
05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
if you dont mind me asking.. where did you get it and for how much.. thanks

and looks great btw

NyQuil
05-01-2008, 10:50 AM
dude congrats! That yaris in the background is sweeeeet! I love those cars/

ohdamngetit
05-01-2008, 10:55 AM
dude that bumper is bomb! wooo!!! put it on an takes some pics!!!

Windchaser
05-01-2008, 10:57 AM
if you dont mind me asking.. where did you get it and for how much.. thanks

and looks great btw

VIS . . . u don't remember the thread on this a long time ago?

Jpax
05-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Doesn't count untill its on the car... Thanks for wasting my time.

ROFL.... Just kidding.

Looks awesome! Gratz man

wilpezash
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Nice! is that for USDM bumpers or JDM only?

Windchaser
05-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Nice! is that for USDM bumpers or JDM only?

JDM Only!

epshtielsl
05-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow fucken sexy! :mtongue: Get it on the car ASAP and get some pics taken!

Is this available only through VIS? And how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

KrypTOniTE
05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Wow fucken sexy! :mtongue: Get it on the car ASAP and get some pics taken!

Is this available only through VIS? And how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

yea the guyz from vis said that he has 2 versions of the lip .. one for the us bumpers and jdm bumpers.... the US one costs cheaper than the jdm....
but if you decide on the US version you may have to cut the sides where the fogs go... ... there was a member who had this problem fitting it to his US bumper... so be prepared to Cut... ... wat i remember the us is around $350 - JDM... $460... shipped

thaseint
05-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Whoa that's spooky...I was just thinking about that thread prior to the crash where VIS created this lip.

Clicked on this thread and low and behold, exactly what I was thinking about.

I'm still waiting to see the USDM version installed. Would be pretty cool if they extended the lip so that it could cover up the side marker holes. Then all someone would have to do is create a replica Mugen radiator duct that fits the USDM bumper!

Kodeen
05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
yea the guyz from vis said that he has 2 versions of the lip .. one for the us bumpers and jdm bumpers.... the US one costs cheaper than the jdm....
but if you decide on the US version you may have to cut the sides where the fogs go... ... there was a member who had this problem fitting it to his US bumper... so be prepared to Cut... ... wat i remember the us is around $350 - JDM... $460... shipped

Actually, I remember seeing the 'installed' pics and it turns there was only one version - for JDM bumpers. He cut his stock USDM bumper, but it stuck too far out on the sides.

I think pretty soon after that the thread died.

Unless they've actually gotten around to making a USDM version...

RedSiBaron
05-01-2008, 01:58 PM
OH MAN!!! thats awesome, going to look absolutely sick!! IN FOR PICS!!!

ep3civic2nr
05-01-2008, 02:16 PM
niice

Si Death
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Actually, I remember seeing the 'installed' pics and it turns there was only one version - for JDM bumpers. He cut his stock USDM bumper, but it stuck too far out on the sides.

I think pretty soon after that the thread died.

Unless they've actually gotten around to making a USDM version...

if they did, damn they were quick :D

Windchaser
05-01-2008, 03:34 PM

Wow $460 shipped? $100 more and you could have gotten the real thing or did Kingmotorsports change their price again.

Aug
05-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Damn.. I can't wait to see it on your car

cow
05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Unpainted carbon fibre is so ugly. Paint that shit.

Tnhatch03
05-01-2008, 09:32 PM

you sir, are crazy.

cow
05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
you sir, are crazy.
It looks trashy & cheap like some ghetto car that got a mismatched bumper from a junk yard.

SilverStar
05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
if you have nhbp EP, leave the carbon fiber alone.
don't paint it.
it will look sick on nhbp along with cf hood.

Windchaser
05-01-2008, 10:29 PM

+1 on that. Unpainted CF looks like shit! VIS CF is even worst because their CF is like cheap plastic.

cow
05-01-2008, 10:41 PM
+1 on that. Unpainted CF looks like shit! VIS CF is even worst because their CF is like cheap plastic.
Agreed. It isn't our car, though, so if (s)he is happy... whatever.

I really hate unpainted CF, though. In my eyes, it's as trashy as an unpainted fibreglass bodykit.

KrypTOniTE
05-02-2008, 04:16 AM
Ok Cow Not everyone is a Baller like you and Cool.. like you!!!
pretty sure you ep looks to Jdm stock..or not.. in the outside
but THE LADIES LOVE THE CARBON....:mwink:

KrypTOniTE
05-02-2008, 04:21 AM
Kingsmotor ... over priced it to $680... not including shipping..
i aint paying $700 for a lip Sorry i love it ..but think about the dings and chips you gonna see after a while ... :mfrown:

shadowmd
05-02-2008, 04:31 AM
nice!

EP3_BR3EZE
05-02-2008, 04:52 AM
Hmmm looks very clean uninstalled, haha. I regret to say this will, in my opinion, lower the rarity of the genuine Mugen-R Lip.

But hey, props to ya though-- first with the CF MR lip.

I'd paint it though; I really am tired of seeing Silver EPs with CF Grill, CF Mewgen Lip, and CF Rear Lip.

cow
05-02-2008, 06:01 AM
My EP looks like a cube about the size a TV.

epshtielsl
05-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Were there any pics from the old thread? I want to see this thing installed. Also some pics of the USDM fitment would be nice. I searched on the ViS website, but whoever made that pos needs to be fired. Horribly designed, and showed NO products for the 2002-2005 Civic Si.

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 06:36 AM

uhhhmmm, what!?!?

Kingsmotor ... over priced it to $680... not including shipping..
i aint paying $700 for a lip Sorry i love it ..but think about the dings and chips you gonna see after a while ... :mfrown:

you've gotta pay to play, dont complain about buying mugen, you get better quality than anything made for the car, you buy oem esentially when you pay for mugen, and then you pay for the name a little...there are replicas now for the jdm folk...sooo...yup

My EP looks like a cube about the size a TV.

sadly cow, thats the situation...but kryptonites comment did make me :confused:

epshtielsl
05-02-2008, 06:38 AM
you've gotta pay to play, dont complain about buying mugen, you get better quality than anything made for the car, you buy oem esentially when you pay for mugen, and then you pay for the name a little...there are replicas now for the jdm folk...sooo...yup

I thought even the genuine Mugen lip was made of fiberglass :mconfused:? If so you are hardly paying for quality. All you are paying for is the name. Quality would be something urethane like the HFP lips.

cow
05-02-2008, 06:41 AM
uhhhmmm, what!?!?

sadly cow, thats the situation...but kryptonites comment did make me :confused:

No idea dude.

Every post (s)he makes rambles about nothing like a drunk atheist.

Kodeen
05-02-2008, 06:51 AM
I thought even the genuine Mugen lip was made of fiberglass :mconfused:? If so you are hardly paying for quality. All you are paying for is the name. Quality would be something urethane like the HFP lips.

Mugen parts are made of polypropene, which is a good, sturdy plastic.

88crx
05-02-2008, 07:27 AM
and it fits like oem.

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 07:41 AM

nope nope, though if they did glass or carbon theyd prolly use race proven methods...there are good and bad ways to do composites...just cuz its glass or carbon doesnt make it cheap, its all in how its done...

ive seen race glass done so well (for instance the old mugen crx kits for the 1g that hausmanautosports makes replicas of from original molds) that you could hit them with a hammer and nothing would happen, and then ive seen glass that was sooo poorly done that it had no material memory and if it flexed at all the fibers would have become brittle because of the resin and how it cured, so it would just break or wouldnt return to form (lack of memory)...

for instance with carbon, proper heat curing and vacuum bagging is critical, and can be done poorly or properly...it also depends on the resin, cheap resin will delaminate, expensive resin will be aerospace resin, and will do unimagineable things when compared to cheap shit...the good aero resin can support loads of 300lbs without material failure on a simple single layer of carbon (ive done the tests with a strength gauge and a vacuum bagged wing cross section sample)...as more layers of carbon are added the strength curve goes up exponentially, as well as the memory and strength increases as heat curing is added and increased, as the heat is then increased the memory and strength increases exponentially , though the inverse curve of the flexibility of the carbon will then go down...so its stronger and stiffer and less susseptable to failure, but it is less flexible...

so as you can see, composites are complicated and can be the best thing, or the worst thing...resin is very very expensive and is usually the reason for cheap work...the carbon and glass you get from most of these aftermarket companies is cheap crap and is usually a molded plastic undershell with carbon wrapped around it...when they sell you a carbon hood for 300 bucks your getting a piece of shit, plain and simple, when you start paying 600 bucks for it, then you are getting somewhere...you get what you pay for with composites...exactly why i have none on my car...id only trust a few hand fabricators i know personally and id trust companies like mugen...thats it

No idea dude.

at first i thought that said drunk slut and i was thinking of some blond jersey girl dancing on a table screaming like a retarded lunatic with one eye pointing in a completely different direction than the other...but then again, thats just what came to mind...:mwink::mbiggrin:

d-unit
05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Paint match the top half and leave the bottom Carbon Fibre, that would definitely be different!.. hmm that has me thinking

epshtielsl
05-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Good to know, thanks Baron. But $700+ for a lip, genuine Mugen or not, is crazy. Lots of people run replica parts and have no complaints. I had the CF replica Mugen hood and wing and they fit like a dream and looked great (although they were Seibon not ViS).

KrypTOniTE
05-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Paint match the top half and leave the bottom Carbon Fibre, that would definitely be different!.. hmm that has me thinking

yeap my point excatly!!!

KrypTOniTE
05-02-2008, 08:47 AM
No idea dude.

:drama: :violin:

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Good to know, thanks Baron. But $700+ for a lip, genuine Mugen or not, is crazy. Lots of people run replica parts and have no complaints. I had the CF replica Mugen hood and wing and they fit like a dream and looked great (although they were Seibon not ViS).

oh yah its a lot of cash not debating that...see seibon is one of the companies i would count as good carbon, from what ive seen they use proper methods, though ive never heard anything for the durability......vis is cheap IMO...

epshtielsl
05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Yeah, my friend had a ViS hood and it looked kinda cheap. Definitely differnt from my hood. I wonder if Seibon could start making these. If I'm gonna drop about $500 on a lip, I'd rather spend the extra $200 and get a quality part then pay for some cheapo replica. Although I would not mind if Seibon started to make these as well.

KrypTOniTE
05-02-2008, 09:03 AM
oh yah its a lot of cash not debating that...see seibon is one of the companies i would count as good carbon, from what ive seen they use proper methods, though ive never heard anything for the durability......vis is cheap IMO...

ive compared Sebion's wing material and vis... ...notting really different about it... fiberglass and carbon material.... the plastic coat... looks the same..
but honestly.... if i would paint it fully would you notice the difference to the
real mugen and the CF... ppl prob be asking if it reall or not.... but your right baron.... you get what you pay for it... better quality and name... but agian its just a stock mugen part...

KrypTOniTE
05-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah, my friend had a ViS hood and it looked kinda cheap. Definitely differnt from my hood. I wonder if Seibon could start making these. If I'm gonna drop about $500 on a lip, I'd rather spend the extra $200 and get a quality part then pay for some cheapo replica. Although I would not mind if Seibon started to make these as well.

yea ive seen those vis... hoods they look cheapp.... who knows if vis upgraded there material... Or maybe your friend didnt take care of its clearcoat... its hard to maintain its clearcoat

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 09:19 AM
ive compared Sebion's wing material and vis... ...notting really different about it... fiberglass and carbon material.... the plastic coat... looks the same..
but honestly.... if i would paint it fully would you notice the difference to the
real mugen and the CF... ppl prob be asking if it reall or not.... but your right baron.... you get what you pay for it... better quality and name... but agian its just a stock mugen part...

you wouldnt be able to look and compare, the carbon material is going to be the same fucking deal, the only differences visually is how it is bundled and woven and ive never seen anything other than regular old bi-axle glass and carbon on cars, the groups of strands arent even bundled, just woven in groups...and you wont notice the difference in the coating, you give me a bit of cured carbon and a can of duplicolor clear, and ill make it look as good as production shit from vis or seibon, but its the QUALITY of the materials used, in particular the resin....resin is the substrate material used to harden it, when it drys the carbon will look matte, thats what dry carbon is, unclear coated...that "plastic coat" is clear coat, i dunno if anyone gelcoats carbon, but thats another option, but i highly doubt any production company would spend the money on gel-coat...(gel coat is what is used on composite boats to protect teh material from breakdown and help seal seams, its typically heavier and thicker)

now i may be reading your post wrong, but i wasnt reffering to mugen parts being "just stock"...you need to remember mugen is not part of honda, mugen began as a tuning shop outsourcing to smaller fabricators around japan to make race parts and they then used these fabricators to make production parts for sale...mugen was started by the son of soichiro honda because he felt honda was not performance oriented enough...mugen has a tight relationship with honda though thats for sure (this is what ive heard about mugen from my father who worked with kingmotorsports back in the late 80s early 90s, so dont jump on me if i missed the ball on the history, but i trust he isnt completely insane...sometimes...)

...mugen is OEM quality fit finish and performance wise, but i wouldnt call it a "stock" part...

epshtielsl
05-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah definitely going to be a difference in the build quality and materials between the parts, even if there is little visual difference

ANYWAYS! Enough talk, get that isht installed and lets see the fitment! :mbiggrin:

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah definitely going to be a difference in the build quality and materials between the parts, even if there is little visual difference

ANYWAYS! Enough talk, get that isht installed and lets see the fitment! :mbiggrin:

YAH!!! FO SHO!!! haha...im just in a technical mood today...haha thought somoene might like the info...

powdbyrice
05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
nice pick up!

CF is hawt. dont paint it until it oxidizes or fades or whatever CF does.

hurry up and install that bish!

Tnhatch03
05-02-2008, 10:17 AM
^ agree.

Windchaser
Anyways, anyone who has ever prepped VIS parts for paint will know how crappy the CF is layered over the FRP. The damn CF layer just flakes off.

talonXracer
I would have a clearcoat applied. Otherwise it will fade.

Tnhatch03
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
mine has faded in the span of 6 years. but that is how i roll...

04cvcsi
05-02-2008, 11:10 AM
nice!
cant wait to see pictures of it installed

is that made to fit USDM bumpers or 04-05 jdm bumpers?

FoReVaPmP
05-02-2008, 11:21 AM
YAH!!! FO SHO!!! haha...im just in a technical mood today...haha thought somoene might like the info...

I copied and pasted it for future reference.:mangel::mbiggrin:

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I copied and pasted it for future reference.:mangel::mbiggrin:

haha thanks, i just hope i didnt mix anything up...:mangel:

cow
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
yeap my point excatly!!!You didn't make a point.

:drama: :violin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN78HuG1AEA

KrypTOniTE
05-02-2008, 09:44 PM
yea ama install that sukaa as soon as i paint my jdm bumper...!!
ill keep u updated!:mcool:

Wezzy
05-03-2008, 09:34 AM
nice cant wait to see it

Windchaser
05-03-2008, 12:35 PM
yea ama install that sukaa as soon as i paint my jdm bumper...!!
ill keep u updated!:mcool:

Did you test fit it?

KrypTOniTE
05-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Did you test fit it?

yes sir... fits like a dream... it will be on by next week

d-unit
05-06-2008, 09:04 AM

any pics of the test fit?

Windchaser
05-06-2008, 10:45 AM

so are you a dude or a chick. one minute you are a chick, the next minute you are a dude. WTF?!

Zeth
05-06-2008, 10:56 AM
so are you a dude or a chick. one minute you are a chick, the next minute you are a dude. WTF?!

are we really going to get on this topic again.... lol

creamSODA
05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
sooooo is it on?

jeenyusss
05-09-2008, 08:55 PM
very nice!!:thumb:

epshtielsl
05-10-2008, 12:44 AM
MOAR PICS! :mmad:

RedSiBaron
05-10-2008, 07:55 AM
WE NEED PICS!!! :mmad:NOM NOM NOM:mmad:

CivicS
05-10-2008, 08:01 AM
look sick..........

civictype_r04
05-10-2008, 07:01 PM
That lip is so sexy when will they make it for the USDM bumper.:mfrown:

epshtielsl
06-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Is this thing installed yet....?

ShadySi
06-26-2008, 01:07 PM
bump for pics

20CiviC02Si
06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
^^^ Yeah that!

v1c10us
06-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Mugen parts are made of polypropylene, which is a good, sturdy plastic.

edited for the wrong kind of plastic.

it depends on what though
I think most of their parts are actually polyethylene, PE.
I believe the mugen grill is PPA.
several OEM parts are made of PETE or PETP
you can just look on the back of them though and it'll say the abbreviation.
I wish they could just all start using polyurethane though.

edit: i actually have yet to find anything made of polypropylene other than stuff i find in the kitchen, I dont think mugen parts are made of this ever. feel free to prove me wrong though

02TWSI
06-28-2008, 02:45 AM
It looks trashy & cheap like some ghetto car that got a mismatched bumper from a junk yard.

a junkyard full of diamonds maybe.

That is one sick looking lip deal.

Wow in for installed pics

frm_808
06-28-2008, 03:37 AM
no pics yet....hmmmm

EggShellSi
06-28-2008, 07:22 AM
pics??? :pout:

epshtielsl
06-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Stop teasin' asshole...:mbiggrin:

BaLisTek
07-13-2008, 08:44 AM
We need pics

EP3_U_SEE
07-14-2008, 12:39 AM
DAMN........... some PM where to buy one of those!!!! HOT

fatdong
07-16-2008, 04:26 AM
why would you even BUY carbon fiber if you dont have a racecar and you're going to paint it? seems like a waste when you could have gotten something just as aesthetically pleasing when painted for cheaper.

cow
07-16-2008, 05:15 AM
People have been asking for updates for over a month, but there's been no reply from the original poster despite his (her?) logging in daily.

Closed. PM me when you have an update.