PDA

View Full Version : gauge light burned out

NJ_ep3
05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Hello guys, first time posting here. I have a problem...
Last week, a portion of my MPH gauge burned out (from 0 to 35 MPH). Does anyone have the DYI to change the gauge light?

SyckSiR
05-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Hello guys, i am new here.

I have a problem...
Last week, a portion of my MPH gauge burned out (from 0 to 35 MPH). Does anyone have the DYI to change the gauge light?

gnetly pull the surround (black plastic) out and off and there will be three screws to remove, remove the screws and unplug the rear of the cluster, then just find the spot where the burn bulb is, pull that bulb out and replace. easy as pie.

EPandaman29
05-01-2008, 11:04 AM
theres a diy on removing the cluster...but changing the light shouldnt be hard, i dont think...

heres the link.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43675

thisisagame24
05-01-2008, 11:08 AM
yea once the cluster is out changing the bulb is real easy.....just twist and pull and it comes out

epshtielsl
05-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Mine went out a few weeks ago. There was a thread on this before the crash. Just tap and sh*t out of the cluster and it should come back on. It's happened to a lot of people before.

jimmyjames
05-01-2008, 11:57 AM
yea once the cluster is out changing the bulb is real easy.....just twist and pull and it comes outYes, the bulb access is on the back of the cluster. I moved this to How to section as well; DIY section is for strictly DIY threads.