PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Tips for Smoother Shifts in the High RPMs

earliozz
05-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Can anybody help a fellow EP3 driver on how to get smoother shifts in the high RPM range?? I always get the strong "shift shock" after i complete my shifts..

NrGiNnY14
05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
if your racing, then slamming the gear or powershifting is the way to go. if you are not racing and just bringing the car up to high rpm's double clutch. if you do not know how to double clutch, here is an example. your in 1st, bring to redline, on the clutch, neutral, off the clutch, back on the clutch, put it into 2nd, and off the clutch. i learned this method in an sti and after some practice it makes your shifts soo smooth, i have had people compliment when i double clutch, and they all say it feels like an auto

6od5peed
05-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Double clutching is useful when you are driving your semi, but your best bet is rev matching when shifting your EP. This involves getting your revs up to where they need to be so when you release the clutch, the engine doesn't have to "catch-up" to the tranny. It takes some practice at first, as you have to have an idea where you need to be for different speeds in each gear, but you will get the hang of it eventually and it will become second nature.

T_Virus
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Oh no...double clutching ...:peep::flock:

thisisagame24
05-02-2008, 04:01 PM
you might be letting the clutch out too fast......try doing it a bit slower and smoother to engage the clutch instead of just dropping it

HmongBoi-Si
05-03-2008, 06:34 AM
well getting a smooth shift in the higher rpm's you can do what everyone has said by rev matching but me i just let the clutch out fast but at the same moment i slam on the gas but thats when your racing so yeah your probably doing like 6,000+ but like at 4,000 to 5,000 just let the clutch out slow after the clutch is completey out give gas the instant the clutch is out or you'll feel a jerk hope this help

4angrybadgers
05-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Double clutching is useful when you are driving your semi, but your best bet is rev matching when shifting your EP. This involves getting your revs up to where they need to be so when you release the clutch, the engine doesn't have to "catch-up" to the tranny. It takes some practice at first, as you have to have an idea where you need to be for different speeds in each gear, but you will get the hang of it eventually and it will become second nature.

Double-clutching is pointless when you're upshifting. Downshifting, yes, it's nice. Learn the "feel" of your car, and time your shifting so you can rev-match as the engine is slowing down during the shift.