PDA

View Full Version : street tuning done, i think.

clutch797
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok so i think it looks good. I was getting some knocking around 2500-3500 at part throttle and i pulled a degree out and it seems to stop for the most part. I tuned each cam angle and not just check "edit all tables." here are the logs. Let me know if there is anything i can do to improve on it. thanks.

dustyboner
05-01-2008, 04:17 PM
might wanna run more cam angle, take away a little fuel to get a/f to around 13, take away a few degrees of timing where your getting knock

clutch797
05-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Cam angel is the only thing i'm unsure of how to tune. I worried i will mess someing up. I just took out 2% from 6500 to redline and 2% from 5k to 6k on the 0 and 10 degree map . Do you think that will help to put me in the 13's?

Civic5lug
05-01-2008, 05:57 PM
best bet is wait till the dyno to tune the cam angles. only way you'll find the right place to have them

edit:
Just got done looking at your log. A/F needs some work, your pretty rich in the high rpm's........and theres still some knocks. between 5700k - redline.

dustyboner
05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
what are you running for an intake and exhaust? basically, the better your engine breathes, more cam angle you wanna run.

dustyboner
05-01-2008, 06:48 PM
you can adjust the cam angle then datalog another 3rd gear pull. then check to see how long it took you to get from 3000rpm to 7000rpm. on your current datalog it took you 11.535 seconds.

i would start with something like this and see how it does.

---------------------
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/dustyboner/j.jpg

weltall
05-01-2008, 08:09 PM
for tuning cam angles you need to lock out each one

what you do is you highlight the cam table and copy it into a word doc
then highlight again and set all cels to 0

tune for each angle going up in multilpes of ten or five hoe ever you want

then highlight a final time and place your saved word doc in there to go back to the way things were but now the table is tuned

or you could just click tables follow cam angles and tune that way but then you cannot make your own composite cam angle map

to make a composite cam angle map use a program called theta dyno (you can find it on k20a.org

you do a full 3rd gear pull in each tuned and locked cam angle (keep in mind the car will fall on its face when tuning cam angles bc it isnt changing)

now cut each datalog down to just the pull only and load them into theta dyno one by one
each angle pull you load will graph out what looks like a TQ graph
(the program uses a dyno algorithm to do so (just dont try breaking traction when doing the pull or it will throw it off)

you will see where each cam angle will climb then fall off

where one angle falls off another color graph will show what cam angle will take over for where it left off

and judging by the rpm and looking at thr rpms on the map you can make your own cam angle using the info from theta dyno for the full throttle portion of the maps and for part throttle you want columns 4-8 i think you want 30 degrees for that to operate well enough for roll on the throttle pulls

if you want ot learn in depth more check out these quick time videos from hondats site (it shows an older version of kmanager but, the way it works is th same)

they are at the bottom of the screen
http://www.hondata.com/techk-protraining.html

clutch797
05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Will it make a diffrence if i do a pull in 2nd? 3rd just puts me in that "go to jail" zone and i'd like to say around 70 with doing pulls.

dustyboner
05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
hey Weltall you got a link for the theta dyno. i couldnt find shit.

playap07
05-02-2008, 12:19 AM
you can adjust the cam angle then datalog another 3rd gear pull. then check to see how long it took you to get from 3000rpm to 7000rpm. on your current datalog it took you 11.535 seconds.

i would start with something like this and see how it does.

---------------------
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/dustyboner/j.jpg

damn you know your shit! i was messing around with mine and i dont have a damn clue what most of that stuff is! i think your going to have to teach me the kpro 101 class when i come to albu!

blk2k2civy
05-02-2008, 01:10 AM
hey Weltall you got a link for the theta dyno. i couldnt find shit.

give this a try, i've played with it, it's pretty good for a/f and cam tuning. you can tune ign. but at your own risk

http://chewies.net/~raz/tuning/razdyno/

weltall
05-02-2008, 08:46 AM
ill host it later