PDA

View Full Version : alarm question

goldy02
11-09-2002, 09:24 PM
is there a way that i can get an aftermarket alarm and still use the factory keyless controllers, i dont know my head from my ass when it comes to electronics

Jpax
11-10-2002, 11:31 AM
No........ when you get the aftermarket alarm the remote sends it(brain) a code. that code is usally different everytime you push it. ........

plus if you have it installed by a good shop they can tap into the factory wire harness (witch is what they do) locks, that way when you press the alarm remote button to arm the car. the doors lock. when you disarm the car it unlocks.

if you want the hatch to unlock only get an alarm with an AUX. button. and have them tap into the the lock for the hatch. simple 4 hour install. depending on alarm features.

DEI is the biggest alarm company now.they own clifford, viper, python, and some other stuff,. expect to pay on ave. for alarm with all pin switchs and remote programing for hatch 350- 500 installed.

goldy02
11-10-2002, 12:19 PM
thanks for the info hell i really didnt know
thanks

Silvershadow
11-23-2002, 02:52 AM
YES. Goto Honda dealer&order the Honda Security system.It has glass brk detector,eng kill,battery disconnect, etc.for $120-170.It's in the accessories catalog on the showroom floor or the parts dept.The remote looks just like ours ,but w/a extra trunk(or arm) button.

Jpax
11-23-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Silvershadow
YES. Goto Honda dealer&order the Honda Security system.It has glass brk detector,eng kill,battery disconnect, etc.for $120-170.It's in the accessories catalog on the showroom floor or the parts dept.The remote looks just like ours ,but w/a extra trunk(or arm) button.

huh i didnt know honda was making After Market alarms.....that use the factory remote...........i heard of factory alarms that you can add to the car......