PDA

View Full Version : air condition lines

proudtobeawesom
05-03-2008, 02:35 PM
so my powerwire for my sub broke and it melted a hole
into a metal pipe that routes from the front of the car and goes over by the battery and runs up the side

is that the air conditioning because its shooting air outta it non stop

i wanna make sure thats it before i mess with it and im kinda pissed because if it is im guessing i gotta get it recharged then

would teflon tape wrapped around it be ok for awhile???

~kevin

talonXracer
05-03-2008, 02:42 PM
You will need to have that line replaced and then the A/C purged and refilled. It is a high pressure line so tape and glue and all that kinda crap wont work, it needs to be replaced.

proudtobeawesom
05-03-2008, 02:52 PM
damn ok thanks

i figured it would be worth a try but good thing i don't use my air conditioning anyway

would this be something that could be dangerous to drive with like that or would it be ok to leave it until i'm not a brokea$$???

~kevin

dustyboner
05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
wrapping it with tape is probably a good idea, just to keep dirt outta your a/c system.
its okay to drive.

dobbs02si
05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
so my powerwire for my sub broke and it melted a hole
into a metal pipe that routes from the front of the car and goes over by the battery and runs up the side

is that the air conditioning because its shooting air outta it non stop

i wanna make sure thats it before i mess with it and im kinda pissed because if it is im guessing i gotta get it recharged then

would teflon tape wrapped around it be ok for awhile???

~kevin

If your budget minded you can take it to a machine shop and they can tig it up, I do it all the time. Ive not had one come back! BUT I would replace mine..my cars to good for that haha.

proudtobeawesom
05-03-2008, 04:41 PM
If your budget minded you can take it to a machine shop and they can tig it up, I do it all the time. Ive not had one come back! BUT I would replace mine..my cars to good for that haha.

good idea thanks yea im just really broke right now like i have 20 dollars in my account lol

but i have a machine shop around the corner from me thanks for the idea

~kevin

dobbs02si
05-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Anytime!