PDA

View Full Version : What are the best/cheapest fog lights?

oneglory
05-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I've searched and searched but there are so many freakin threads about foglights that I'm more confused now than I was before I searched. (in addition to the fact that most of the threads are from 2004 now)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

are the $40 ebay ones garbage?

oneglory
05-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh, yea...I'm probably goin to put 3400k hids in them also.

oneglory
05-04-2008, 10:00 AM
anybody?

MOOGEN
05-04-2008, 10:56 AM
umm you've just retro and are well aware of the glare issues. Your not seriously going to put HID in them? Lost Cause Bro Very dissapointed, cause you know better than that.

oneglory
05-04-2008, 12:51 PM
umm you've just retro and are well aware of the glare issues. Your not seriously going to put HID in them? Lost Cause Bro Very dissapointed, cause you know better than that.

lol..thanks dad.

I'm well aware of glare...maybe I have something in the works...

matth1054
05-06-2008, 05:41 PM
i'm new to the fog light/ hid drama..whats the deal with glare?

clutch797
05-06-2008, 05:47 PM
ummmmm, glare.... DUH.

Si Death
05-06-2008, 06:05 PM
yeah if u get fogs, halogen would suffice.

but obviously as you know, if you are going HID, you gotta go with projectors.

also HIDs get bluer with time. your 3400k fogs might start out yellow, but as they age, blue will be introduced and well basically.... yellow+blue=green

4angrybadgers
05-06-2008, 06:47 PM
i'm new to the fog light/ hid drama..whats the deal with glare?

The eBay (and OEM?) fogs are reflectors. HIDs + reflectors = glare that can be dangerous for other drivers, both for headlights and fogs. To safely use HIDs you have to either rig up a glare shield or just get projector assemblies to replace the reflectors.

hyjnx
05-06-2008, 07:27 PM
that all depends when u wanna use em. i ride alot of backroads and empty highways. so i dont plan on having them on all the time. but im attempting mine this weekend

Chad
05-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I have been using the ebay ones and have suffered one DESTROYED lamp due to a rock hit and am currently rocking a cracked lens. I'm going projector when i get off of my lazy can.

I would not pit an HID in there for the simple fact fo ruining a lamp that costs more than the assembly.

paulmofyourhand
05-06-2008, 07:45 PM
just retro some small Koito projectors from luxury car's fog lights. shove some pnp hid kit in it. then u would have an effect dual cutoff line (low beam and fog light)

v1c10us
05-06-2008, 07:46 PM
before the crash someone posted up taking the ebay fogs and retroing the BMW fog light projectors in there.
Looked sick, it was amber, the cut off was amazing and you could pop some HID in there and light up the ground like it was hiroshima all over again. (sorry for that comment if it offends, but i had to write it)

Chad
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
before the crash someone posted up taking the ebay fogs and retroing the BMW fog light projectors in there.
Looked sick, it was amber, the cut off was amazing and you could pop some HID in there and light up the ground like it was hiroshima all over again. (sorry for that comment if it offends, but i had to write it)

He's posting in this thread :mwink:

oneglory
05-06-2008, 07:57 PM
this is why I'm asking, I may be putting some projectors in...

Windchaser
05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
fogs are for retards that want to be rally drivers, but only end up being the stereotypical, neighborhood, fart-can driven, ricer. :mangel:

Chad
05-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Don't have many deer hiding in the ditches in CA eh?

ONE thing the fogs do well is illuminate the sides and cover the ditches well, saved my ass from suicidal deer more than once.

Windchaser
05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Don't have many deer hiding in the ditches in CA eh?

ONE thing the fogs do well is illuminate the sides and cover the ditches well, saved my ass from suicidal deer more than once.

My headlight projectors light up anything and everything. No, we don't have deers (we do have deers, but at higher elevation) . . . just cattle, coyotes, bobcats, mountain lions, and the occasional buffalo (very rare these days), which hurts more than deers.

v1c10us
05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
He's posting in this thread :mwink:

do you mean you?
i was fairly sure someone else posted the DIY, but i do remember reading something saying you were going to try it or you had done it or somtehing.

fog lights are nice, but i dont like it when people use them all the time.
I'm a firm believe in using them in.
A. the fog.
B. The rain, although when the droplets are large enough it makes things worse.
C. Dark country roads with deer.
D. Roads that are very twisty where you cant see where the road is curving.
E. When you wanna look cool to someone.
But not all the damn time.

oneglory
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
deer.

Chad
05-06-2008, 08:19 PM
My headlight projectors light up anything and everything. No, we don't have deers (we do have deers, but at higher elevation) . . . just cattle, coyotes, bobcats, mountain lions, and the occasional buffalo (very rare these days), which hurts more than deers.

Our deer are considerably larger than mountain deer, BUT cows, yes, if there is a fence break people have slim chances against a cow while traveling at 60+MPH Coyotes, check, believe it or not we DO have a rare mountain lion issue (must be global warming) but it's them damn white-tail that do in the most of the damage, just pop right out at you, some even jump OVER cars! Some people drive a beater during harvest season (the combines drive the deer out of the fields) as to not bash up a good car. And yes, if you hit a deer and get it to the meat locker soon enough...... we do eat road-kill

Chad
05-06-2008, 08:21 PM
do you mean you?
i was fairly sure someone else posted the DIY, but i do remember reading something saying you were going to try it or you had done it or somtehing.

Not me and I'll be damned if I'm not pissed for not saving everything in that thread like I'll do in some threads :mfrown:

v1c10us
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Not me and I'll be damned if I'm not pissed for not saving everything in that thread like I'll do in some threads :mfrown:

yeah, it was a quality write up with great results.
(I'm suddenly having issues remembering if it is wright up or write up.. I wrote you a letter, he writes. Orville and Wilbur Wright have airplanes. is that right? alright then thanks for the confirmation, everything is all right.. God dang that one would fuck with me if i was drunk)

MOOGEN
05-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I heard that windchaser hit a cow once with his ep and that's why he got rid of it. That's why he went out and got a camry! :meek: :peep: I guess his camry's gonna need some fogs to help him from cows jumping fences :mbiggrin::laugh::lol:

MOOGEN
05-06-2008, 09:05 PM
can anyone say hiddizzles!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p114/xchang03/3.jpg

Once I get finals out of the way everyone will have propper fogs for sho!

MOOGEN
05-06-2008, 09:05 PM
oh yeah this is just fogs! :meek: :meek: :meek:

T_Virus
05-07-2008, 08:24 AM
hahaha...the one who wrote the thread and swapped the EP3 amber fogs to BMW fog light projectors was Moogen...and I was the 2nd person who had them...lol...

Sorry Xiong, I just had to lay it out there...

Windchaser
05-07-2008, 10:43 AM
hahaha...the one who wrote the thread and swapped the EP3 amber fogs to BMW fog light projectors was Moogen...and I was the 2nd person who had them...lol...

I was the one who told him his idea was stupid, which gave him encouragement so I deserve some props :mangel: :mbiggrin:

hyjnx
05-07-2008, 04:36 PM

wheres this thread?!

trickkykidd.02
05-07-2008, 05:01 PM
fogs are for retards that want to be rally drivers, but only end up being the stereotypical, neighborhood, fart-can driven, ricer. :mangel:

I aint no fag but I want to be a rally racer....

Besides unlike Fresno we get fog here in the bay...

CivicS
05-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I Have A Set Of Oem Fog Lamp Kit.....if You Want To Buy, Lmk

oneglory
05-08-2008, 05:10 AM
price?

1fast03ep
05-08-2008, 08:01 AM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<you callin' me a retard?

T_Virus
05-08-2008, 08:11 AM
wheres this thread?!

got erased during the EPhatch crash...

If Moogen is nice enough and not busy, he'll probably post it up...maybe:mangel:

MOOGEN
05-08-2008, 08:33 AM
got erased during the EPhatch crash...

If Moogen is nice enough and not busy, he'll probably post it up...maybe:mangel:

damn dude, don't make me look like that. I'm always willing to :help:. Nah, cause t didn't say please I might not do one.

J/K I got four engineering finals this week and then I'll post the DIY.

T_Virus
05-08-2008, 09:01 AM
damn dude, don't make me look like that. I'm always willing to :help:. Nah, cause t didn't say please I might not do one.

J/K I got four engineering finals this week and then I'll post the DIY.

Hahaha...Okay, EPHatchers, this one is for you all..."Moogen, can you please please post up a DIY for the fog lights (BMW projector Fogs)...:hail::pray::pray2::biggrin1::biggrin: :wink: :eyebrows::

hyjnx
05-08-2008, 01:04 PM
:hail::hail::hail::hail:pwease post it again mr. moogen. im not really up for blinding people with my fogs. honestly i dont care but id rather do it right.

if im a ricer for being a wanna be rally car...than im a ricer!...i love hids...and when u hard park...ShOooOoO kid. lol:smokin:

v1c10us
05-08-2008, 02:17 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<you callin' me a retard?

you, yes
because you have 2 Autozone foglights posted up in the center of your bumper.