PDA

View Full Version : 02-03 ....no more

redronin22
11-10-2002, 10:07 AM
I really hope that Honda only makes the SI for 02-03 and stop producing them. Yes the after market wouldnt be that big but it should be at least as big as the 97-01 Preludes. But if they still made the RSX base we'd have a platform to work with.
That way we'd have very few EP's out there even though there are very few as it is. I want exclusivity but i cant afford a S2000 hehe. I just dont want everyone and there momma to drive my car ya know? It feels pretty cool to have an SI when you hardly see them on the roads. I get all these looks ( im not kidding) and props. I dont wanna lose that. But the way sales are going maybe I'll get my wish by 04 hehe. Worst fear is 04- gets a type s engine. =-( Anyways what do u guys think?

DownTheHatch
11-10-2002, 10:24 AM
You're so selfish!

AJWUZHERE
11-10-2002, 10:28 AM
I'm sure there will be a 2004 civic Si. since 05 will be the redesign of the civic, might as well strech it out till 04. and I've also heard word that honda is working on a FP package for the si and since it is a little too late to put it on the 03 now that they are out. But they will still be kinda rare car, my dealership only got 4 of the 02 and could only sell 3 of them, same as my naboring dealer but they could only sell 2 of them. Maybe they will just make 1/2 as many for 04.

IceD out N CALI
11-10-2002, 10:32 AM
i can understand your point of view but even if honda does run production till 2004 or 2005 you still wouldnt see too many eps on the road. even the older sis there isnt that many on the roads thats how the ep would probably be.

undeboost
11-10-2002, 11:04 AM
i have only saw 1 ep on the road since i got mine a month ago and the one i did see is way nicer than mine so that kinda sucked lol.

Spidey
11-10-2002, 11:29 AM
regardless if they continue to build into '05, there still won't be as many civics.
I wouldn't worry about everyone's grandmother buying one as long as they only come in a standard shift. Majority of the cars sold are automatics and a large portion of the pop. don't know how to drive one. People will inquire about the cars but once they find out it only comes in standard i think they'll be turned off and buy the coupe/sedan instead.

redronin22
11-10-2002, 12:17 PM
hmm i forgot all about that!. They dont make em in autos haha. im saved! isnt it nice having a limited run model? And yes i am selfish.

natesi
11-10-2002, 02:12 PM
I hope they make them as long as possible because if they don't it's going to be a major bitch getting parts. Parts will be rare and take FOREVER to get. Not to mention EXPENSIVE since they are coming from England. If they are that rare, forget about finding one in a junk yard--it will be too hard.

I plan on owning this car a long time so I want cheap parts to be availalbe in 8-10 years. Plus, if it's too rare no one will really know how to work on it that well. Like replacing the oil filter with the larger model, for example.

HK_EP3
11-10-2002, 02:28 PM
i agree... DONT WANT EP TO BE POPULAR!!! Stop producing!

cbecker333
11-10-2002, 02:57 PM
I agree that, for the time being, we dont have much to worry about when it comes to the individuality of the EP3 body. In 6 months of ownership, I've only seen 2 other new ep's on the road. My concern, however, is not successive years' Si models, but the standard hatch models (EX, LX, whatever they are) that could show up with our body style. Honda has obviously put together a kick-ass body style that boasts more room and usability than the old hatch styles. I don't want it to happen, but I think honda would be silly not to capitalize on the applicability of our body to less-sporty hatch models. Can anyone make me feel better by telling me why this WOULDNT happen?

redronin22
11-10-2002, 04:45 PM
i dont think it can happen cus hatches would cost too much to import here from England to sell it as a EX, DX or LX etc and the car is quite heavy. Without the K series motor propelling it, it would be pig slow. I think honda wants some exclusiveness to the SI so thats why it should only come as a sport model. After all theyd have to retune the suspension to be more american (soft and squishy). I dont think its gonna happen. Plus americans dont really like hatches as much as Euro. In the end too much money for a civic hatch.

DownTheHatch
11-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Civic Si Hatchbacks have never been popular, I really wouldn't worry about it.

The only people who would be interested in the car are those who are young and want something sporty, this is a small percentage of the people who drive on the road. You see more Minivans, SUV's, Sedans, and other Coupes and cheaper cars before you see sporty 3 door hatchbacks.

The Si is more expensive than the other cars in it's competition. Another thing to keep in mind is that there is going to be some heavy competition, when I say heavy competition I mean the 225hp Turbocharged Dodge SRT-4 that is starting at $19,000. Also the new Mazdaspeed Turbocharged MP3 will be tearing things up.

People will have more attractive choices and the hatchbacks will be left to the Honda enthusiasts.

STP03BlueSI
11-10-2002, 07:38 PM
they might stop making the SI in 03 or 04 mostly because they will be coming out with the CRX again..I dont know how that will do because it looks like a RSX, but hey in STP they still have ALL of their 02's here and well only 1 03 on the lot and it was in the back so no one will buy it. But mine will be the next 03 there!! 03 BLUE!!!!!:o :D CANT WAIT!!!!:p

cbecker333
11-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
they might stop making the SI in 03 or 04 mostly because they will be coming out with the CRX again..I dont know how that will do because it looks like a RSX, but hey in STP they still have ALL of their 02's here and well only 1 03 on the lot and it was in the back so no one will buy it. But mine will be the next 03 there!! 03 BLUE!!!!!:o :D CANT WAIT!!!!:p

CRX..again? what?

02SilverSiHB
11-11-2002, 10:36 PM
yeah, I hope they don't make them after 03, it's nice to have a car that not everyone drives

Spidey
11-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Civic Si Hatchbacks have never been popular, I really wouldn't worry about it.

The only people who would be interested in the car are those who are young and want something sporty, this is a small percentage of the people who drive on the road. You see more Minivans, SUV's, Sedans, and other Coupes and cheaper cars before you see sporty 3 door hatchbacks.

The Si is more expensive than the other cars in it's competition. Another thing to keep in mind is that there is going to be some heavy competition, when I say heavy competition I mean the 225hp Turbocharged Dodge SRT-4 that is starting at $19,000. Also the new Mazdaspeed Turbocharged MP3 will be tearing things up.

People will have more attractive choices and the hatchbacks will be left to the Honda enthusiasts.
Exactly.

cbecker333
11-12-2002, 01:28 PM
If I had to guess.. I'd say that dogde is going to be fast, but crap-tacular when it comes to quality. I'll get a super or a turbo in a year and then I'll beat all these fools reliably.