PDA

View Full Version : Roll Center Adjuster

talonXracer
05-04-2008, 08:02 AM
WHAT IS ROLL CENTER ?
While a vehicle corners, the movement of suspension is focused on the intersection (instant center) of the lines extended from the upper and lower suspension arms.
The intersection between the line from where the wheel contacts the road to the instant center and the vehicle body centerline is the roll center.
With the stock suspension, the appropriate roll center has already been set from the factory.

ROLL INCREASES AFTER LOWERING?
Simply lowering the car results in an increase in the distance between the center of mass and roll center of the vehicle, even though the center of mass has dropped.
When the distance between Point A and B increases, roll stiffness decreases, causing an increase in the amount of roll. The amount of roll can be controlled with the use of stiffer springs, but ride quality etc. suffers as a result. Cornering speed does not increase like originally thought.

ROLL CENTER ADJUSTED !
With the Roll Center Adjuster in place, the angle of the lower are is revised. Roll center (Point B) is once again close to the center of mass (Point A) of the vehicle.
With the lowered center of mass and increased roll stiffness, the limit of cornering speed increases.

ROLL CENTER ADJUSTER FF
When a FF vehicle is lowered, the angle of the lower arm becomes poor, resulting in a significantly lowered roll center.
Consequently, the amount of roll in corners increase and the cornering force is sacrificed.
By extending the ball joint of the front knuckle, the position of the roll center is altered. Replacing the stock ball joint with this product will result in reduced roll, and cornering force as a result is increased. Steering response is also improved.

Here is a pic comparing the stock and J's racing RCA

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0290.jpg

And here it is installed

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0335.jpg

showoff3civic
09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
how many miles do you have on these doug i just got mine in yesturday and am going to do the wilwood bbk and driveshaft shop axles all at the same time

talonXracer
09-07-2008, 10:34 AM
50Kmiles or so now.

And yes there is a very noticiable impact upon the handling of the car with these installed, if your suspension setup requires them.

thisisagame24
09-07-2008, 10:35 AM
how much do they run?

Fico
09-07-2008, 11:48 AM
50Kmiles or so now.

And yes there is a very noticiable impact upon the handling of the car with these installed, if your suspension setup requires them.

im dropped on intrax springs 1.4 front 1.5 rear, but i think there sagging a bit because it looks like im lowered about 1.9-2 inches. would these help me

MugsyTheGr8
09-07-2008, 01:31 PM
even with the roll center corections, dont you still have the problem of the ep3s limited suspension travel?

bigo711
09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
even with the roll center corections, dont you still have the problem of the ep3s limited suspension travel?

Yeah, if you are still on stock shock.
so change the shock, which is more important, before you proceed to this mod..

socal_brandon2
09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
i've got these + the rsx megans with the straight arm, and im loving the improvement from my d2's without the RCA's :)

showoff3civic
09-08-2008, 06:00 AM
they are 250 shipped from wayne @ speed star which BTW fuckin rocks!

will install them thursday, doug havent noticed any play or anything

PAPITUYO326
09-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I will be stocking these in the future at a nice price for you guys.:mcool: