PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Full Suspension should I get???

EPandaman29
05-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Initially i was always planning on getting Tein Basic Coilovers but lately ive been getting some bad reviews from Ephatch members as well as people who drive other kinds of hondas. I was just wondering what you guys have and maybe that'll help me make a choice. here are the types that i am considering.

1. Function and Form Coilovers
2. D2 Coilovers
3. Progress Full Coilovers
4. Tein Super Streets

Any feedback is appreciated! thanks! :peace:

blackhatchsi
05-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't know 'cause I went with springs/shock but I am interested in everybody's opinion. :bump2:

Windchaser
05-04-2008, 10:24 PM
you don't want my opinion LOL. read some threads further down =)

1SiCkEP3
05-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I had k sports and now i have megan racing and love them the spring rates are perfect for daily driving but none of these are on your list lol.....

ep_hatcher_510
05-04-2008, 11:45 PM
If you mostly daily drive, and just want to lower the car then any decent coil over out there will do. I like to think progress and megan are the better choice for lowering since they have the tie rod corrections.

EPandaman29
05-05-2008, 12:45 AM
thanks for your feedback guys...appreciate it. I am on a budget though, so what do u guys think about FUNCTION AND FORM COILS? i know a few members here have had them and liked em. plus theyre affordable.

mustclime
05-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Out of that list.....progress.....another that is worth a look is the buddy club n+.....

FYI, I put this togather for another forum....

http://forums.clubep3.net/showthread.php?t=564642

MugsyTheGr8
05-05-2008, 06:40 AM
for dd, they are all ok just see how hash of a ride you want. mustys list should help with that.

ClouD
05-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I have Tein's SS with upper pillow mount. For me these are perfect daily driver and it is not too harsh. Plus with the upper mount I did not have to buy a front camber kit. I have enjoyed these and even thought people weighed more towards the bc, I really like the feel and responsiveness of the Tein's. I don't know what other people were looking for, but for me was a little harsher ride, less body roll, and adjustablity.

Zzyzx
05-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Initially i was always planning on getting Tein Basic Coilovers but lately ive been getting some bad reviews from Ephatch members as well as people who drive other kinds of hondas. I was just wondering what you guys have and maybe that'll help me make a choice. here are the types that i am considering.

1. Function and Form Coilovers
2. D2 Coilovers
3. Progress Full Coilovers
4. Tein Super Streets

Any feedback is appreciated! thanks! :peace:

For what application?

If this is a street machine, then close your eyes and point... as all of them will fill 90% of your needs.

If you are preparing for competition... the of that list only the Progress would be in my mind a viable choice.

but really, what application are you setting the car up for?

EPandaman29
05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Daily Driver mostly, no competition for now. I just want a nice ride thats not bouncy, but not super stiff.

Zzyzx
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Daily Driver mostly, no competition for now. I just want a nice ride thats not bouncy, but not super stiff.

Then why not go with a spring & damper setup? Or at least a "coilover" that uses progressive springs rather then linear such as Mugen or a-spec.

Good dampers will keep the car from bouncing and the progressive springs will give a softer ride then linear springs.

ep3lookslikeyou
05-16-2008, 07:32 PM
If you mostly daily drive, and just want to lower the car then any decent coil over out there will do. I like to think progress and megan are the better choice for lowering since they have the tie rod corrections.

which megans have the tie rod corrections? ive seen the megan track series for the dc5 having the straight arm setup, but is there an ep3 specific with the tie rod correction? and is progress and megan the only set up with this correction?

bigo711
05-17-2008, 02:51 AM
if you don't buy one with tie rod correction, you will need to spend 200 more to get the inverted tie rod end. So..my opinion is.. if it's only DD, get any coilover that corrects your tie rod.

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-17-2008, 03:30 AM
I would go with D2 coilovers....they are perfect for Daily Driving...

mutt
05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
I've got about 5000 miles on a set of progress coilovers on my 06 dc5. Ride quality is better than I expected. Firm, but I still have all my fillings. Pretty well made, and easily installed. I like the fact that they are non-adjustable. Most of the low-end adjustables have been shown to have a big difference in adjustability from damper to damper, so without a shock dyno??????????

Spring rates seem well chosen for the street. 8kg front and 12 kg rear, I think
All in all, I am very happy with mine.

koi_killa
05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
what the waiting list now for the progresses?

zee