PDA

View Full Version : Rubber or Poly camber kit

liquid cooled
05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
What should i go with, car is going to be lowered on tein flexs. What all is involved with lubing poly bushings? Car is a daily driver that does Auto-x and track days?

Also if im only dropping an inch to and inch and a half so what else am i going to need:
front camber bolts (the tiens are pillowballs with adjustable camber plates), inverted tie rod ends, anything else

Just trying to make sure im going to have everything i need next weekend when i do the install.

1SiCkEP3
05-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Rubber will not give you that tight susp feel but poly's just have to be lubed good are they will squeak i have the poly's and they are bad ass i lube them with valvoline all purpose cause it does not wear and ass far ass what else you will need is a good alignment and your good to go.... :mbiggrin:

liquid cooled
05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
^ ya alignment is a given. How often do you have to lubricate them.

1SiCkEP3
05-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Well i use the valvoline grease #614 and i have not have to grease them and i had them on about six months..

ep_hatcher_510
05-04-2008, 11:39 PM
If your car is daily driver, and you are not looking to get every bit of performance out of it then go with rubber to avoid the squeaking, i hate mines where i have to grease it from time to time and have to hear it squeak.

liquid cooled
05-04-2008, 11:43 PM
what all is involved with greasing and how often is it needed?

talonXracer
05-05-2008, 04:51 AM
Greasing = disassembly

I look at greasing every spring. Some bushings can be greased while installed with a syringe style greasegun tip, while other bushings have had grease fittings added when I was installing the poly bushings to the housings/shells.

liquid cooled
05-05-2008, 04:58 AM
^looks like im going rubber in that case that sounds like a huge pain in the ass. Unless somebody knows an easier way to grease these so they dont squeak.

Also how does the Ingalls kit compare to the SPC, ive heard the SPC rusts like a mofo.

talonXracer
05-05-2008, 05:18 AM
The SPC does indeed rust like a mofo!

liquid cooled
05-05-2008, 05:43 AM
^ looks like its going to be the ingalls rubber kit unless somebody has an easier way to do those stupid poly bushings, which sucks bc my ride quaility is going to suck ass anyways bc of my spring rates, so id rather have the poly since its only going to help handling but oh well.

jimmyjames
05-05-2008, 06:24 AM
^ looks like its going to be the ingalls rubber kit unless somebody has an easier way to do those stupid poly bushings, which sucks bc my ride quaility is going to suck ass anyways bc of my spring rates, so id rather have the poly since its only going to help handling but oh well.The Ignalls kit is not immune to creaking either. I have come up with a solution though that has worked for me for about 2 years now without re-greasing.
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43530