PDA

View Full Version : 5 Lug swap brake problem

si-ckhatch
05-05-2008, 10:42 AM
So i jus finished the 5 lug swap on my 02 ep, I have ss lines and there are no leaks at all, and my reservoir is full...I bled the brakes while the car was off from RR,RL,FR,FL...Used valvoline Syn power---the pedal was feeling nice and tight and the fluid was coming out with absolutley no air, so i started the car and the pedal went completely soft again...:mcry: I tried talking to a few members already, no one could really give an answer...Anyone? I really need my brakes lol...

sLiCk
05-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Is it soft to an unacceptable point? The pedal is supposed to be softer when the car is on because now the brake booster is assisting you.

si-ckhatch
05-05-2008, 10:46 AM
like all the way down soft

blackbelt
05-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Try bleeding them again. It should fix your problem.

Windchaser
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
like all the way down soft

Pump the brakes like 10 times. If it doesn't get hard after pumping, you have to bleed them again or there is a leak near the pistons (if there are not any leaks around the lines or cylinder/reservoir).

Civic5lug
05-05-2008, 06:00 PM
make sure your doing it in this order:
P/R
D/R
P/F
D/F

A good cheat is to get a empty container, could be a small one like a beer bottle. Fill it about 1/3 of it with brake fluid. Then crack the bleeder and take a rubber tube, Place it over the bleeder and put the other end in the container(Make sure the end is in fluid).

Then pump the brake pedal until no air bubbles come out. Once there's no bubbles tell the person to hold the pedal to the floor, then you remover the tube from the bleeder and tighten the bleeder.

repeat for the other corners :bow:

classiccelica
05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Be aware that you may need to bleed the abs modulator.

si-ckhatch
05-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Bleed the ABS Modulator?