PDA

View Full Version : Jrsc-r + N2o

LMRacer77
05-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Someone mentioned to me the other day that I should put Nitrous to the EP to give it all it's got. I've got a JRSC, just wondering if it is safe to spray with the JRSC. Still on the stock A3.

Lucid Moments
05-06-2008, 06:56 AM
It can definitely be done and with good results, but it requires careful tuning, and proper use of the N2O. Keep the bottle full, and keep the temp on the bottle consistent etc.

Do you have K-pro, or are you running with a reflash, or on the powercard?

blueshark123
05-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Agreed. I believe the safest way to go about it is a dry kit and using kpro to control fuel adjustment and nitrous control. It is also imperative that you take atleast two full bottles for your tuning session. As bottle pressure falls off your af ratios will be affected.

LMRacer77
05-06-2008, 07:59 AM
I was thinking Dry shot, and I do run KPRO, still untuned on the JRSC though.

Lucid Moments
05-06-2008, 08:03 AM
I was thinking Dry shot, and I do run KPRO, still untuned on the JRSC though.

Then you are most of the way there. Running base map on just the blower you are probably pretty safe, but if you do decide to juice it I would not even consider doing it without thorough tuning. So allow for that in your budget. Around here I would plan of $400 to $500 for tuning, but I don't know what tuning time costs in your area.

Deadphishy
05-06-2008, 09:20 AM
a small shot will net you soem good gains because of the cooling effect it will have on that super hot JR supercharger. but i would be very carefull because you will quickly reach the HP limits of the K20a3 if you use a big enough shot. tuning is a must. We have a JR blown 2000 Si with the low boost kit, and he blew a whole in the top of piston 3 big enough to put a finger through.

LMRacer77
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
a small shot will net you soem good gains because of the cooling effect it will have on that super hot JR supercharger. but i would be very carefull because you will quickly reach the HP limits of the K20a3 if you use a big enough shot. tuning is a must. We have a JR blown 2000 Si with the low boost kit, and he blew a whole in the top of piston 3 big enough to put a finger through.

That's what I'm worried about. Is it worth it on the A3 for the sacrifice of blowing a hole through it? I'm weighing my options, and you guys are helping out a bunch. I appreciate all the input.

Any other suggestions?