PDA

View Full Version : Question about the vtec-i sticker

JaYdEeEm
11-10-2002, 05:27 PM
yeah, i've been trying to take off the vtec-i sticker that is on the car..and it takes forever to do it...does anyone know a faster or an easier way to take it off?? any suggestions??

2k2_nbp_egg
11-10-2002, 06:39 PM
Take a blow dryer to it. I took mine off in about 2 minutes flat by heating it up w/ a blow dryer and peeling em' off.

JaYdEeEm
11-11-2002, 12:24 AM
which is better though a blow dryer? or a heat gun?

SmoothOperator
11-11-2002, 02:00 AM
I'd just use a blow dryer. A heat gun may be too intense for your paint. You could end up damaging it.

JaYdEeEm
11-11-2002, 10:03 AM
ohh arrite..i figured the heat gun would be too intense...well thanks....do i just keep using the blow dryer while i peel it off???or let it heat it up a little??

02SilverSiHB
11-11-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by JaYdEeEm
ohh arrite..i figured the heat gun would be too intense...well thanks....do i just keep using the blow dryer while i peel it off???or let it heat it up a little??
well, here in the summer time, we have no prob taking them off :D
but just keep the using the blow dryer to keep it real hot to take the sticker off

umhaha84
11-12-2002, 06:48 AM
take it off and put TYPE-R sticker on

it will giv u 5 hp or so :confused:

JaYdEeEm
11-12-2002, 12:38 PM
ahaAHAAHah thats funny!

TrippZ
11-12-2002, 02:07 PM
i dont know if taking off the sticker is a wise idea...

sure, it'll look cleaner, but i can never tell any of the older si's apart from the side unless it has that decal...

just my idea..

im taking mine off anyway, i'd rather want someone to think im some kinda grocery getter, and then i blow them away, harharhar. ;p

SmoothOperator
11-12-2002, 02:33 PM
, but i can never tell any of the older si's apart from the side unless it has that decal
We don't have to worry about that. No other civic shares our bodystyle. So it'll still be easily identifiable.

TrippZ
11-12-2002, 03:03 PM
off topic question :

That red Si that looked real cool, there wwere a bunch of pics, i dunno which one, but it had like a whole strip of orange for the blinker, y'know? iot had red interior?

how come, if thats the 03, the vivid blue doesnt have it? is that just a concept car? I really hope it DOES NOT come out. i'd hate to be gipped out of being the beast of the road so soon.