PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S Leathers, Sparco Torinos or Corbeau CR1

thechromecoyote
05-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey guys. Ive been searching for an RSX seat swap for a couple weeks now bc I cant stand the lack of lumbar support and the narrow shoulder bolsters are killing me on the EP3 seats. Im a big guy, 6F3, 210 lbs, with broad shoulders, so I need a bigger seat.

I posted up on ClubRSX and k20a.org and got varied responses. Ive got a 05-06 RSX Leather swap from eastern LI, a Sparco Torino swap from central NJ and more than a few offers to buy my EP3 seats outright for around $300-400

I got to sit in the sparco's yesterday and found them to be a lot narrower in the waist, but the lumbar support and shoulders were just right. Ive never sat in the RSX seats, but they are much less aggressive bolster-wise, so I have no concerns about fitting in them.

So the question is, do I go the swap, the sparco's or sell and pick up a set of Corbeau CR1 Wides? The Corbeaus are more expensive, the sale of my seats would cover 1, and Id have to fork out for the other.

decisions, decisions. :fencing:

EDIT: Id LOVE to have a set of CTR Recaros, but the $1200-1400 needed for them is well out of my price range.

TheAmericanStig
05-06-2008, 08:52 AM
go with the sparco torinos. I used to have a pair in my dsm n they were sweet. I'm onlyabout 155 PBS tho so idk if it would work the same on a daily basis

thechromecoyote
05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
go with the sparco torinos. I used to have a pair in my dsm n they were sweet. I'm onlyabout 155 PBS tho so idk if it would work the same on a daily basis

Yeah, they were nice, just not sure if its 12 hour in a car comfortable. :mfrown:

I travel a lot during the summer so road trip worthy seat comfort is important to me.

D3xn2o
05-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah, they were nice, just not sure if its 12 hour in a car comfortable. :mfrown:

I travel a lot during the summer so road trip worthy seat comfort is important to me.

In that Case get a lazy boy... you'd be a pioneer mahahaha

thechromecoyote
05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
In that Case get a lazy boy... you'd be a pioneer mahahaha

haha I wish! :party: