PDA

View Full Version : k20 or k24 with greddy boost kit

tieu
05-06-2008, 11:17 AM
i have a k20a2 with the greddy type S boost kit t517R looking to swap the motor out. Im not really putting money in, gonna be trading the motor at a shop but the motor needs to come out for a reason which is why Im doing the swap in the first place. So I can get a k20 motor or a k24, any suggestions on what I should do with the least modification? So ignoring the price since I wont really be putting anything in here are my choices
its going to be a daily driver and it will probably be boosting at 9psi and my current setup is

kpro
t517z type S turbo kit
440cc injectors
titanium downpipe > exhaust > muffler from the turbo manifold

I am probably looking at

k24A1 with a k20a2 head and have that boosted but what are some engine mix and match would you guys suggest. the problem with the doing a k24 block is might have issues with using the downpipe from the custom titanium exhaust which is gonna be a hassle

davisj3537
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Yes the exhaust might need a little fabbing not much seriously. If you boost a k24 w/ an a2 head @ 9lbs you are gonna blow the internals of your turbo right down your downpipe:help:In all reality though the greddy turbo was not designed to go over 300whp so keep that in mind.