PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning from a 5 speed to 6

Fico
05-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Well i just put in my 6 speed last weekend and im still not quite use to it. I try and put it where 5th should be and it doesnt go in because im trying ti put it atop of reverse:mconfused: and every time i go to put it in 6th it takes me a while because i think im going to slip it into reverse or something along those lines. but then again maybe im just retarded anyone one else have this problem?

talonXracer
05-06-2008, 05:47 PM
No problems here with the 6spd, the problem comes when I drive the Silverado and go for 6th gear.............

Fico
05-06-2008, 05:50 PM
No problems here with the 6spd, the problem comes when I drive the Silverado and go for 6th gear.............

ha ha yeah, its wierd though its different, but a good different, a faster different!

weltall
05-06-2008, 05:53 PM
phil did you notice that third is closer to first?

and you will find youself always hitting the bumpstop between 3rd and fifth

Fico
05-06-2008, 05:57 PM
phil did you notice that third is closer to first?

and you will find youself always hitting the bumpstop between 3rd and fifth

yeah i did, the first time i drove it i hit the bump stop and thought, aww f*** my clutch is fucked from the last trans! but then i got it in and noticed the spacing. i have yet to really have a good go through with the gears but even at part throttle the acceleration is fucking nuts.

i put in the stock k24a4 calibration i made before i left for ohio on friday (not my tuned map) and forgot all about it till today. The acceleration is better then the k24a4 with the tune, so i cant imagine how its going to rip when i load the tune back in!!

weltall
05-06-2008, 05:59 PM
good to see its going to good use and to think you got it for next to nothing from brandon

Fico
05-06-2008, 06:01 PM
good to see its going to good use and to think you got it for next to nothing from brandon

yeah true, im just glad i could help him out with the engine when his blew up, so its like he helped me out when my trans blew up, btw do you need a tranny case? i have my 5 speed one still i havent opened it up but the gears are probably wasted in it, and i saw somewhere you were getting a new case or something?

weltall
05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
i can always use spare tranny parts just untill i get my PPG gearset

Fico
05-06-2008, 06:26 PM
i can always use spare tranny parts just untill i get my PPG gearset

i can bring it to the bbq for ya unless you would want it sooner, then cover shipping and its yours.

weltall
05-06-2008, 06:28 PM
i can wait till the bbq

just hold it for me and ill grab it

thnx for the hook up

but how much do you think shipping would be?

Fico
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
i can wait till the bbq

just hold it for me and ill grab it

thnx for the hook up

but how much do you think shipping would be?

ha ha i dont even know ups depot for pitsburgh is next to my apartment if i remember tomorrow ill run down there and see how much they want, how much you think a trans weighs? 75-100?

weltall
05-06-2008, 06:42 PM
yeah it weights about 75-80

same girth as a helicopter ac/dc generator

Fico
05-06-2008, 06:51 PM
yeah it weights about 75-80

same girth as a helicopter ac/dc generator

ha ha you and your helicopters. i still think its funny as hell when you told me about the gasket fix!, by the way the company i now work for makes the metal pieces to the gas masks :painkiller: that they are using in iraq now lol

weltall
05-06-2008, 06:54 PM
a mannilla folder can become any gasket on a helicopter

(damn budget cuts)