PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Install JDM Front Rebar?

d-unit
05-06-2008, 08:22 PM
More importantly what tools do i need to install? I can imagine it is pretty self explanatory when you're looking at it, just want to make sure i have the right tools while i have the bumper off :)

team ERA 5
05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
remove the bolts, remove usdm rebar. Install jdm rebar and reuse existing bolts. Don't forget to reinstall the foam padding.

You'll need an extension to reach the bolts.

Approx. 10 minutes after you remove your bumper

crhatch02
05-06-2008, 09:40 PM
i found it alllot easier to just move the headlights out of the way...easier in the long run imo

d-unit
05-07-2008, 07:29 AM
remove the bolts, remove usdm rebar. Install jdm rebar and reuse existing bolts. Don't forget to reinstall the foam padding.

I assumed it was easy, just wasnt sure if i needed a special sized tool to remove the bolts

EPandaman29
05-07-2008, 10:07 AM
just did mine yday with the help of ep88...JDM FRONT END!!! woot woot!

d-unit
05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
any pointers?

Si Death
05-08-2008, 09:35 AM

wait what does the foam padding really do though, took mine out cuz it kinda broke off.

05silversi
05-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't forget to reinstall the foam padding.
Toss the foam, JDM doesn't have it. How did you get it to fit anyway?

BaLisTek
05-08-2008, 08:51 PM
make sure u have a 10" extension.. makes it smooth install

Kumar
05-08-2008, 11:21 PM

I trimmed about an 1 inch from both sides maybe more if I remember correctly and then taped it to the jdm rebar. It fit fine with jdm bumper.

I assumed it was easy, just wasnt sure if i needed a special sized tool to remove the bolts

any pointers?

Like everyone said your going to need an extension and I believe a 12 mm socket. It's pretty straight forward from there.

team ERA 5
05-08-2008, 11:24 PM

removed the little foam nubs. and zip tied it on. :msmile:

Windchaser
05-08-2008, 11:27 PM
the easiest way is to take a hammer to it. a hammer will fix anything and everything.

88crx
05-10-2008, 10:36 PM
So what goes on first? Bumper support or headlights?

xjuxtapozx
05-12-2008, 03:51 PM
the easiest way is to take a hammer to it. a hammer will fix anything and everything.

haha will it fix my blown sub?

88crx
05-13-2008, 06:27 PM
So what goes on first? Bumper support or headlights?

anyone?

more specifically how the hell do you get the bolt that on the underside of the headlight on if the bumper support it already on?

RedSiBaron
05-13-2008, 06:35 PM
anyone?

more specifically how the hell do you get the bolt that on the underside of the headlight on if the bumper support it already on?

can you get a open end wrench on it? i dont remember what i did but i know it atleast didnt require removing the headlight...what are you using to get at it?

SyckSiR
05-14-2008, 04:12 PM

thats right, and if it doesnt fit, get a BIGGER hammer!!!:smokin:

NyQuil
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM

Should the foam go in the jdm back rebar too? I had a shop install it after they painted my back bumper/lip and they gave me the foam with the usdm back rebar...

05silversi
05-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Should the foam go in the jdm back rebar too? I had a shop install it after they painted my back bumper/lip and they gave me the foam with the usdm back rebar...
No foam front or rear for JDM. Foam is US part only, could trim to fit but it's not supposed to be in there.

You had a shop install rear rebar? How did they do it? Rear bar doesn't fit without modification.

RedSiBaron
05-18-2008, 10:38 AM
No foam front or rear for JDM. Foam is US part only, could trim to fit but it's not supposed to be in there.

You had a shop install rear rebar? How did they do it? Rear bar doesn't fit without modification.

yup what he said ^^^

if you had a stock jdm rear rebar, make sure its under there, if you get under the rear end and look you can see if its under the bumper, cuz it requires modding, if htey didnt mod it they prolly just didnt put it on and told you they did heh, though that seems extreme...

alex_chung_lee
05-27-2008, 09:38 PM

mine have foam... but i made it shorter than the normal JDM ones...... i like hte extra protection from that soft foam =)