PDA

View Full Version : BCRH Review and Experiences....

MugenReplica
05-07-2008, 07:38 AM
I've been reading, rereading, and further reading about the Buddy Club Race Header. It seems that its very poor quality build wise as stated from a very large number of people running one. I'm hoping this sheds some light on a possibly defective product that Ephatchers should stay away from.

*Post your experiences with it, including the number of miles you have with it installed. Seems alot of guys with over 8-10k miles have problems from what I have read.

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Well I love my BCRH it gets the job done........I havent experienced any bad experiences..but I have experienced a lot of good things with this header like great dyno numbers,great midrange torque & hp....and I got it for a good price...

MugenReplica
05-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Well I love my BCRH it gets the job done........I havent experienced any bad experiences..but I have experienced a lot of good things with this header like great dyno numbers,great midrange torque & hp....and I got it for a good price...

Yea its more of the quality of the header build wise. I am constantly hearing of guys losing springs, the Buddy Club badge falling off, cracks appearing near the collector, etc.

How many miles do you have on yours.....make sure to check it to see if you've lost any springs, badge, or cracks have appeared. Thanks for your input.

davisj3537
05-07-2008, 09:02 AM

You are not running a K24 by chance are you?

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Yea its more of the quality of the header build wise. I am constantly hearing of guys losing springs, the Buddy Club badge falling off, cracks appearing near the collector, etc.

How many miles do you have on yours.....make sure to check it to see if you've lost any springs, badge, or cracks have appeared. Thanks for your input.
I havent notice anything wrong with I will check it later.....but it has been on for like 3K miles....

You are not running a K24 by chance are you?

It was on my k24Frank but it blew up.....but the header never gave me any problems when it was on my k24Frank...

davisj3537
05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I havent notice anything wrong with I will check it later.....but it has been on for like 3K miles....

It was on my k24Frank but it blew up.....but the header never gave me any problems when it was on my k24Frank...

It cleared everything? Didn't hit the sway or anything? Did you get the em2 sway?

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Stock Ep3 Sway.....Before I got Esmm inserts my DCRH use to hit but when I put in the inserts and put the BCRH it never hit..

shadowmd
05-07-2008, 09:39 AM
I have the BCRH and its NICE! just fitment kinda sux. i can't get all the corners bolted down. i only have 3 corners and the bottom middle bolt in. i also have full innovative street mounts and it clears my stock ep sway with plenty of room and NEVER hits. had it for about 4k now

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I have the BCRH and its NICE! just fitment kinda sux. i can't get all the corners bolted down. i only have 3 corners and the bottom middle bolt in. i also have full innovative street mounts and it clears my stock ep sway with plenty of room and NEVER hits. had it for about 4k now

BUMP for Shadow Another Satisfied Buyer With The BCRH.

RedSiBaron
05-07-2008, 09:45 AM

seriously? it isnt a perfect fitment, wtf...

shadowmd
05-07-2008, 10:00 AM
i duno...jaeguyoon and i both got them shipped as a mini group buy and they both fit the same. both had the SAME fitment issues

RedSiBaron
05-07-2008, 10:30 AM
i duno...jaeguyoon and i both got them shipped as a mini group buy and they both fit the same. both had the SAME fitment issues

thats weird...i hadnt heard this before, i mean i never buy a header and expect perfect fitment...

on my 86si when i went to put on my hedman header i found that a bracket on the front of the engine had what i can only rationalize was an extra bit of aluminum to cut down on some engine vibration or resonance frequency, cuz it just stuck out off the bracket...so i cut it off, but i know that it was there for a reason cuz honda wouldnt have give me an extra 3 cubic inches of aluminum bolted to my engine in 1986 if it didnt serve a purpose, but it was int he way so it had to go...i never heard anything weird but then again, the car was so loud with the sidepipe and header that i didnt even hear the shredded wheel bearing anymore :rofl:

...but back to my point, i would expect much better out of buddy club, thats pathetic, but it makes me glad i didnt buy one and im going with the ITR header instead...

shadowmd
05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
well minus that, this header PERFORMS! the midrange is badass. and after this weekend i am gettin street tuned by chunky and then im gonna hit the dyno to see what my new setup does

beechstreet
05-07-2008, 07:27 PM

When I was installing SilverStar's BCRH, we couldnt get the bottom corner bolts in. It was so goddamn frustrating. I seriously thought I wasn't lining it up correctly and I felt so bad when Andy drove out of the shop without it completely bolted in, but its a relief to see I wasnt the only one having trouble getting it to line up correctly.

shadowmd
05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
yea man, i was pissed lol. so soon i am takin it off completely and widening the holes on the header. i also ordered and already have all 5 studs for the head to replace bolts. so all the header bolts willl now be studs. u kno what the sad thing was. right after i installed my bcrh and didnt get it to line up, i installed my buddies MEGAN! race header and it fit PERFECT! LOL

davisj3537
05-08-2008, 07:03 AM
yea man, i was pissed lol. so soon i am takin it off completely and widening the holes on the header. i also ordered and already have all 5 studs for the head to replace bolts. so all the header bolts willl now be studs. u kno what the sad thing was. right after i installed my bcrh and didnt get it to line up, i installed my buddies MEGAN! race header and it fit PERFECT! LOL

Now that just fucking stings doesn't it?

jaeguyoon
05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
lol the thing that stings me more is I was the one with the megan rh and i wanted quality so i took it out and sold it to shadow's friend and now I have bcrh that doesn't align good.....wtf buddy club!?!??!

fEPst3r
05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
i have the same problem with the passenger side lower corner hole. i got a bolt in but after a few turns it gets hard so i stopped there so ive had a small leak for a while now. good thing i didnt force it or i would have fucked it up. so the easiest way to solve this problem is to widen the hole?

Ive had it 3-4 months now and besides a small leak from not tightening it all the way, i would say its a pretty good header, it looks great and also performs just as well. I noticed better mid-top end compared to the DCRH. It is a bit more quiet compared to the DCRH though. Only down side is I noticed that i lost one spring prob 3 months in and hopefully that will be the only one.

What other headers are in the same price range? IMO it is prob the best for the price?

BTW i am running a HKS Hi-Power Turbo Catback 65mm for the Type S. I was told it would fit with no modifications. Wrong, muffler was sticking out of the bumper by 3-4 inchs so i had to get some of the piping on the axle back cut.

rburdios
05-09-2008, 09:09 AM
how bout we contact buddy club usa and let them know?

RedSiBaron
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM
how bout we contact buddy club usa and let them know?

they prolly know...they probably did the first run test fit them, said fuck it, and just kept going...

mario543k20
06-02-2008, 10:10 PM
i dont know how many mile i have on mine... but my friend bolted it right up and i havent had any problems with it since.... i love it!! i never knew so many ppl had problems with it.. huh

DarkSiRacer
06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Bolted up perfect and runs awesome for me and im wayyy over 15K miles... So I dont know, maybe it was a defective batch...

T_Virus
06-03-2008, 07:43 AM
post pics of the perfit fitment/install...

william
07-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Had mine for 3-4 monthes, had a problem bolting it up, but after some work I got it to line up correctly (or I cross threaded my head, weeee!). No problems otherwise. Good top end gain, but I do really think I lost it down low. Maybe hondata will help.

AliG-EP3
07-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I remember being so excited to get one of these back when I had my EP. I'm sad people are having difficulties! Post up pictures though, I want to see one of these in car photos

fEPst3r
07-16-2008, 10:35 PM
i just took mine off, tryin to sell it to fund some other parts. I now have a megan short w/ testpipe and i def. feel a big lost in power, i cant spin 2nd all the time now. It really is a good header, besides the bad fiment and me losing 3 springs, i love this header.

skoolnu
07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
i got mine used... came with all springs. its quality is top notch, it went on perfect. i love it and i got a killer deal on it. id say its one of the best headers for the ep.