PDA

View Full Version : 04 JDM CTR Tail Light to 02 US EP3 Help

OZ.EP3
05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I picked these up with my projectors and tried to test fit them. My stock 02 tails have only 3 bulb sockets while the CTR's have 4. Anyone with experience on this conversion please chime in with what and where to purchase what I need. Thanks in advance!

Front view:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh226/Clean93teg/04CTRTailsOutside.jpg

Back view: (notice the previous owner drilled one of the bottom sockets?!)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh226/Clean93teg/04CTRTailsInside.jpg

OZ.EP3
05-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Mods, should I have posted this in the JDM section? If yes, please move it for me... -Thnx

b.r.i.a.n.
05-08-2008, 11:05 AM
i spy reverse fog light.

these aren't jdm tails.

most likely tails from a europena ctr. just a heads up the reverse fog light goes on the left tail light. it looks like a hole was cut into the right tail light

OZ.EP3
05-08-2008, 11:20 AM
i spy reverse fog light.

these aren't jdm tails.

most likely tails from a europena ctr. just a heads up the reverse fog light goes on the left tail light. it looks like a hole was cut into the right tail light

Really? What's the difference between euro and jdm tails then? I'm just going by what the previous owner told me and would like to know.

b.r.i.a.n.
05-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Really? What's the difference between euro and jdm tails then? I'm just going by what the previous owner told me and would like to know.

the jdm tails didn't have a reverse fog light

the euro models had a reverse fog light

the reverse fog light switch goes on the stem where the wiper blade is iirc

OZ.EP3
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
the jdm tails didn't have a reverse fog light

the euro models had a reverse fog light

the reverse fog light switch goes on the stem where the wiper blade is iirc

Thanks man:thumb:, can anybody else help me out with my socket and bulb dilemma?

OZ.EP3
05-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Bump for some advice, anybody know someone with these tails on an '02?

d-unit
05-16-2008, 09:18 AM
wish i could help bro, if you would have asked this a week ago i would have had the answer, the old ephatch had all the information on how to add the extra socket and everything.. for now just use the signal brake and reverese light dont worry about the rear fog light, to utilize that you'll need to buy the add on, which can sometimes be found on ebay, hopefully someone has the writeup somewhere for this

OZ.EP3
05-17-2008, 09:27 AM
wish i could help bro, if you would have asked this a week ago i would have had the answer, the old ephatch had all the information on how to add the extra socket and everything.. for now just use the signal brake and reverese light dont worry about the rear fog light, to utilize that you'll need to buy the add on, which can sometimes be found on ebay, hopefully someone has the writeup somewhere for this

Thanks, I can't use my existing signal, brake and reverse light because the sockets are different. I'd like to not have to modify the tail lights because the bottom right has been dremmeled(sp?) already.

If anybody can chime in on what light sockets I need and where to get them that would be really helpful :wave:

Kodeen
05-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Does at least the brake light socket plug in correctly (in the top spot)? That's the one that seems to be universal cross the board.

SLOW EP3
05-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Does at least the brake light socket plug in correctly (in the top spot)? That's the one that seems to be universal cross the board.

Yes, you won't use the bottom sockets. You'll have to order new clips/sockets for the turn signals. I'll try to find the part numbers if possible... When I bought mine it was about $25 from the dealer for clips/sockets/bulbs.

OZ.EP3
05-22-2008, 06:45 PM

I'm not sure because a friend tried to install them for me, if it does fit would you know what other light sockets I would need for the rest?

OZ.EP3
05-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes, you won't use the bottom sockets. You'll have to order new clips/sockets for the turn signals. I'll try to find the part numbers if possible... When I bought mine it was about $25 from the dealer for clips/sockets/bulbs.

If you could that would be great, their just sitting in my garage staring at me saying "install me, install me!":mbiggrin:

SLOW EP3
05-22-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure because a friend tried to install them for me, if it does fit would you know what other light sockets I would need for the rest?

All you have to replace is the turn signal socket. The reverse and brake light sockets fit like a glove.

Kodeen
05-23-2008, 07:05 AM
All you have to replace is the turn signal socket. The reverse and brake light sockets fit like a glove.

I would imagine that he would have to replace both the turn signal & reverse light sockets, since the reverse light socket is different between the USDM 03 & 05 taillights. It would probably be a safe bet that the USDM 05 reverse light socket would also work on the CTR 05 reverse light, since the USDM & CTR 03 reverse lights share the same socket.

As far as the CTR 05 turn signal socket, I really don't know. See if you can find a European Honda parts online wholesaler and compare part #'s with Majestic Honda.

OZ.EP3
05-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Great info, thanks a bunch!