PDA

View Full Version : Dyno: JRSC-R

kaisertj
05-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Got tuned again last weekend at a local shop called Speed Factory, they did a phenomenal job. The car feels very smooth. Spent several hours dyno tuning, and another hour or so on the street. Here are the Final Results 223whp/170tq. Dyno reads very similar to a mustang Dyno. For comparison, the initial 215 whp pull did 232 and 231 respectively on two area Dynojets, and 215 whp as well on another local mustang dyno.

Mods: Jrsc-r @ 9 psi (4" pulley)
K-pro tuned
DCRH
Injen 3" cai
Neuspeed Exhaust
Hondata img
Denso IK22 plugs, grounding kit, etc...

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z106/kaisertj/Dyno.jpg

roboticfailure
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
nice ass numbers for that kit,I had my jrsc at the same boost are you running the 3.7 or 3.8 pulley.

humpmasterflex
05-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm contemplating getting a JRSC-R, but I don't know how good it is with emissions... if good at all. Can anyone tell me?

Siborg
05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
you should get a 2" pully, turn it up :mtongue:

krazichinaman
05-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I like this thread better. :angel::grouphug:

BlownSi05
05-09-2008, 05:36 AM
good numbers man and gratz! i know you must be enjoying it:mtongue: were they keeping an eye by chance on your inlet temps? i always ask this cause i like seeing what everyone else runs at. when i tuned my 3.8" i was hitting the stratosphere at like 210 degrees:meek: that is really awesome though with the 4" pulley....i am jealous....haha

ohdamngetit
05-09-2008, 07:04 AM
those are some nice numbers!!! Congrats!!!:smile:

kaisertj
05-09-2008, 12:56 PM
good numbers man and gratz! i know you must be enjoying it:mtongue: were they keeping an eye by chance on your inlet temps? i always ask this cause i like seeing what everyone else runs at. when i tuned my 3.8" i was hitting the stratosphere at like 210 degrees:meek: that is really awesome though with the 4" pulley....i am jealous....haha

Thank you to all the compliments!!!

I havent checked the inlet temps, I saw about 65-70 degrees for intake temps, and 170-175 for the coolant I think. Dont hold me to that, Still learning it all. I'll pull up the datalog and see what it said. Right now I awaiting install of 3.8" pulley, 2.5" idler, maxbore throttle body, and debating about installing the skunk 2 cams and valvetrain and also porting/polishing the charger intake manifold. Hope to have another dyno in July of it all. Thanks again!

siptastic
05-27-2008, 04:34 PM
You have a cal file you'd like to share?

I'm running jrsc - jr header - 3" cai - k pro (a/f is all over the place) - stock injectors

vbpracer
05-27-2008, 05:35 PM
You have a cal file you'd like to share?

I'm running jrsc - jr header - 3" cai - k pro (a/f is all over the place) - stock injectors

Are you upgrading to the race kit?

siptastic
05-27-2008, 06:14 PM
It is sorry. I have bigger injectors and a smaller pulley but no belt yet. So I haven't put them on. I'm learning the kpro now.

boost_lee
05-27-2008, 11:20 PM
It is sorry. I have bigger injectors and a smaller pulley but no belt yet. So I haven't put them on. I'm learning the kpro now.

wow not bad at all! great job

ep-unit
05-31-2008, 02:15 PM
what kind of times our ep would do on the track with the race kit?

superchargedk20
05-31-2008, 11:09 PM
any chance of being able to post that kal up?

kaisertj
06-01-2008, 02:39 PM
any chance of being able to post that kal up?

Give me till monday, then I should be able to. Out of curiosity, should I ask the tuner permission first? to be respectful and stuff.

superchargedk20
06-01-2008, 04:41 PM
im gettin tuned soon wit the race upgrade. and the numbers u put down are kick ass. i would like the kal just as a reference for the tuner to look at and see if i can get somehwere near u. i know every motor is different but i def would like ur map just for reference. its totally up to u. the help would be appreciated.

squeak04si
06-01-2008, 07:03 PM
those numbers are good with the 4" pulley, but i think the neuspeed catback is holding you back. i would go with a bigger exhaust and maxbore tb for sure. the 3.8" pulley would be nice just hope it doesnt rise the iat2 too much. do you have a light weight flywheel yet cuz i hear that is a must mod for s/c cars.

shadowmd
06-02-2008, 04:29 AM
NICE numbes!

kaisertj
06-02-2008, 11:27 AM
im gettin tuned soon wit the race upgrade. and the numbers u put down are kick ass. i would like the kal just as a reference for the tuner to look at and see if i can get somehwere near u. i know every motor is different but i def would like ur map just for reference. its totally up to u. the help would be appreciated.

Im waiting to borrow a laptop, then I can post it for you. Not sure how soon now, but Im trying to it done for you. Good luck on your tune.

those numbers are good with the 4" pulley, but i think the neuspeed catback is holding you back. i would go with a bigger exhaust and maxbore tb for sure. the 3.8" pulley would be nice just hope it doesnt rise the iat2 too much. do you have a light weight flywheel yet cuz i hear that is a must mod for s/c cars.

Towards the end of july/beginning of august I will be installing Cams, valvetrain, valves, maxbore throttle body, and 3.8" pulley. As for the exhaust, it really doesnt seem to be holding me back. Its a "bottleneck" that has been addressed was modified by a few people, none saw any significant gains if any at all. As for the flywheel, i believe our stock one is 18 lbs, was planning on a 12-14 lb, dont want it too light and paired with a good stage two clutch.

NICE numbes!

Thank you!

squeak04si
06-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Towards the end of july/beginning of august I will be installing Cams, valvetrain, valves, maxbore throttle body, and 3.8" pulley. As for the exhaust, it really doesnt seem to be holding me back. Its a "bottleneck" that has been addressed was modified by a few people, none saw any significant gains if any at all. As for the flywheel, i believe our stock one is 18 lbs, was planning on a 12-14 lb, dont want it too light and paired with a good stage two clutch.

Thank you!

i assure you small exhaust will always hold you back on a boosted car. the neuspeed is only like 2.25", so a 70mm catback would do you some good. our stock flywheels vary from 14-18lbs, and a 9-10lb would be my choice for s/c.

4angrybadgers
06-02-2008, 04:28 PM
A 60mm exhaust would be fine for a JRSC. Hell, just getting a larger midpipe and keeping the stock axleback would be fine. The rule of thumb is 1" per 100hp. I have the Skunk2 70mm, but if I could do it again I'd go with a 60mm exhaust. Torque loss down low is sometimes annoying around town, and the increased noise just isn't worth it.

As for the flywheel, I'd stick to the 12-14lb. range. Too light and it's gonna suck driving around town.

kaisertj
06-03-2008, 09:42 AM
A 60mm exhaust would be fine for a JRSC. Hell, just getting a larger midpipe and keeping the stock axleback would be fine. The rule of thumb is 1" per 100hp. I have the Skunk2 70mm, but if I could do it again I'd go with a 60mm exhaust. Torque loss down low is sometimes annoying around town, and the increased noise just isn't worth it.

As for the flywheel, I'd stick to the 12-14lb. range. Too light and it's gonna suck driving around town.

Exactly, Im with you on this one.

squeak04si
06-03-2008, 02:49 PM

screw driving around town, we want to go fast lmao. he doesnt necessarily have to go big, i was just saying that the neuspeed is smaller than the rest. you are right though, the bigger exhaust will sacrafice low end. btw, we can trade exhaust when ever you want :mbiggrin:

4angrybadgers
06-03-2008, 03:24 PM
screw driving around town, we want to go fast lmao. he doesnt necessarily have to go big, i was just saying that the neuspeed is smaller than the rest. you are right though, the bigger exhaust will sacrafice low end. btw, we can trade exhaust when ever you want :mbiggrin:

Only if you want the DCRH too. :mbiggrin: It's welded to the exhaust. (Another thing I dislike about the 70mm, incidentally.)

squeak04si
06-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Only if you want the DCRH too. :mbiggrin: It's welded to the exhaust. (Another thing I dislike about the 70mm, incidentally.)

im pretty sure it wont do me any good lol

kaisertj
06-04-2008, 10:05 AM
To be honest, im willing to sacrifice some power cause I love that exhaust. I daily drive this car 100 miles a day on average, dont want it too loud or anything.

squeak04si
06-04-2008, 01:37 PM
i daily drive 100 miles also, but i cant remember what quiet is. sometimes i wish my car was back to stock for the smoothness and quietness, but im not giving up 300whp for that lmao

kaisertj
06-04-2008, 01:45 PM
i daily drive 100 miles also, but i cant remember what quiet is. sometimes i wish my car was back to stock for the smoothness and quietness, but im not giving up 300whp for that lmao

To each his own, I like the subtlety of the setup.

squeak04si
06-04-2008, 01:58 PM
truthfully, your set up is better for daily than mine. i actually would be somewhat contempt with a jrsc r.

devious05
06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
good #'s. i am slowly saving up for basicly the same set up you have now and if i can get close to thouse #'s it will be worth it to me.

kaisertj
06-05-2008, 09:08 AM
good #'s. i am slowly saving up for basicly the same set up you have now and if i can get close to thouse #'s it will be worth it to me.

With supporting bolt-ons and a good tune, you wont have a problem. A good tune makes all the difference.

truthfully, your set up is better for daily than mine. i actually would be somewhat contempt with a jrsc r.

I am very happy with the power. If it wasnt a daily driver and funds willing, I would love to have more power for sure! My only two other cars were A ford explorer and Ford ranger, this car already feels like a rocket ship by comparison haha.