PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light!

02ep308
05-08-2008, 07:56 PM
after i put in my dc race headers n then couple weeks later my engine light keeps coming on so then i go to read the code and it tells me something about my catalyst system bank 1? So then i just deleted the code but every once a week it keeps popin up at me, anyone know wat this is?

MR.Pizza
05-08-2008, 08:22 PM
You have no cat,are you running an o2 simulator? By the way you said headerS, I am only aware of one.

SyckSiR
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
You have no cat,are you running an o2 simulator? By the way you said headerS, I am only aware of one.

every newb says headers....like they used to drive 5.0 mustangs or sumthing.....rice rice baby too cold too cold....:evil:

MR.Pizza
05-08-2008, 09:35 PM
every newb says headers....like they used to drive 5.0 mustangs or sumthing.....rice rice baby too cold too cold....:evil:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to harsh him but someone was gonna say it:mbiggrin:. 02ep308 do a search on mechanical o2 simulators, they will eliminate the cel or you can keep reseting the code no harm will come of it.

BlownSi05
05-09-2008, 05:38 AM
Yeah, I wasn't trying to harsh him but someone was gonna say it:mbiggrin:. 02ep308 do a search on mechanical o2 simulators, they will eliminate the cel or you can keep reseting the code no harm will come of it.

yeah that...(where did the damn smily face gor for this!)

let us know who it works out and if you need anymore help with it.

TQSOH2
05-09-2008, 10:28 AM

AKA Defouler.

There's a couple guys that sell them on ClubRSX for pretty cheap.

You can make them yourself for about $4.

1. Buy a pack of Help! 42009 Spark Plug Non-foulers.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/BMW328is/fouler.jpg

2. Drill out the middle hole on one of the non-foulers with a 1/2" drill bit.

3. Screw your secondary o2 sensor into the top of that drilled out non-fouler and it should fit in there almost perfectly.

4. Now take that non-fouler/o2 combo and screw it into the top of the UNMODIFIED non-fouler.

5. Screw the whole thing into the second o2 bung on the RH and plug the o2 sensor back in and you're done.

It will look like this when you're done:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/BLKSVX92/21421.jpg

o2 Sensor = Drilled out non-fouler = unmoddified non-fouler = RH