PDA

View Full Version : Autobody/Painting questions.

epshtielsl
05-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I just called up a local autobody shop to get an estimate on how much it would cost to paint a bumper. They said that it would cost around $250 for the paint and clear coat. Is this a reasonable amount to pay? How much do you guys usually get charged for paint work. Is there any part of the prep I can do myself to help lower costs? Should I just go to a paint specialized place instead of an autobody shop?

....damn fucken 20 questions over here

Does anyone know the procedure to remove and re-install the rear hatch glass? The reason I ask is that my car was left out uncovered and exposed to the elements and I have some pretty bad oxidation on my carbon fiber hatch. I was going to take it to a body shop and get it re-clear coated, but they gave me a $350-450 rough estimate over the phone. There is no way that should cost that much to do.

So, my question is, does anyone know the procedure I should follow to do this myself? I read the DIY on repairing carbon fiber where you sand down the gel coat and apply automotive clear. That part is fairly straight forward. I'm just worried about the actual removal of the hatch and glass. Is this something I can do, or should I leave it to the pros?

^^^ Question on a similar topic I posted in EP Discussion. Maybe I can get a better answer here.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

K-Shark
05-09-2008, 02:55 PM
250 i would say is a reasonable price to pay.

i paid 200 alone to get my front lip and some mudguards painted.