PDA

View Full Version : Ok little Problem...

Zavy
05-11-2008, 11:04 AM
My Driver side window when it is rolled all the way down... i go to roll it back up and it comes about a quarter of the way up and just goes right back down, it will do this like 20 to 30 times then finally go back up...Do i need a new motor, or could it just be the Wiring?

RedSiBaron
05-11-2008, 11:12 AM
My Driver side window when it is rolled all the way down... i go to roll it back up and it comes about a quarter of the way up and just goes right back down, it will do this like 20 to 30 times then finally go back up...Do i need a new motor, or could it just be the Wiring?

:doh: yah it sounds like the actuator motor (i think thats what its called) is worn out...and if i remember correctly its common...check online at hondaautomotiveparts.com you can get a good price there...

(edit): heres the link to it...looks like its gonna be 80 bucks if you install it yourself

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2002&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=DOOR+WINDOWS

Zavy
05-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks man....

BeaterEP
05-11-2008, 12:35 PM
HA, at least yours will still roll up a little...my actuator went and BAM window just dropped in to the door, no more window!

According to the mechanic I had fix it, it's a pretty common problem...poor design on Honda's part, it's a weak link basically.

ivtec_do_u
05-11-2008, 01:30 PM
I always thought it was due to a safety mechanism for the auto up feature. Mine always seems to get wonky when its raining out, or it could just be the awful timing?

somejaykid
05-11-2008, 01:33 PM
:doh: yah it sounds like the actuator motor (i think thats what its called) is worn out...and if i remember correctly its common...check online at hondaautomotiveparts.com you can get a good price there...

(edit): heres the link to it...looks like its gonna be 80 bucks if you install it yourself

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2002&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=DOOR+WINDOWS

yeah what he said my passenger window did that but mine wont go up at all :mfrown: i have to literally push it up with both of my hand

shanewdude
05-11-2008, 02:03 PM
I had the same thing happen after having my door panels off. My sweeper strip on the door panel was bent towards the window a little and when the front of the window hit it there was just enough resistance to cause it to go back down. Check and make sure there are no obstructions in the way of it going up. I was suprised when I finally figured my problem out; hopefully yours is as easy to fix!

mannyboy23
05-11-2008, 05:27 PM
That's sound like my passanger window it goes up but I can't roll it all the way down cuz then it will not go up