PDA

View Full Version : Door Lock Help!!!

bdooley
05-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I installed a new drivers side door lock actuator today and now everytime i try to open the door from either the outside or the inside the door locks and i cant get into the car. The door lock wont stay unlocked at all when i pull on either handle. I tried flipping the green tab on the actuator itself thinking i installed it wrong and it still does the same thing. How can i fix this?? Someone please help!

bdooley
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
bump so i can get this shit done tonight! Its such a pain in the ass to get in an out by having to hold the handle and pull the lock up

Windchaser
05-11-2008, 08:02 PM
LOL . . . are you serious. Have you tried resetting it by unplugging the battery?

hatch404
05-11-2008, 11:56 PM
it means you didn't install it right. The green tab on the actuator needs to line up just right...I had the same problem, took forever to line it up correctly. The green tab needs to be in a certain position (lock/unlock) position while installing...forgot which. Anyone else want to chime in?

bdooley
05-12-2008, 05:11 AM
it means you didn't install it right. The green tab on the actuator needs to line up just right...I had the same problem, took forever to line it up correctly. The green tab needs to be in a certain position (lock/unlock) position while installing...forgot which. Anyone else want to chime in?

That makes me look forward to doing it lol. I guess im gonna try to line it up i moved it like 3 times all the way up all the way down in the middle nothing worked.

LOL . . . are you serious. Have you tried resetting it by unplugging the battery?

No i gotta try that.

rtraeger
07-26-2008, 08:43 AM
So, what method did you use to line up the actuator tab with the locking mechanism?? I'm going through the actuator install as we speak and it's not working properly for me either. The best result I get is that the car locks via all remote switches, but still won't unlock. Arghhhh!

rtraeger
07-26-2008, 11:10 AM
nm, I actually figured it out. There is a concave shroud above the actuator that hides a little round plastic tab that needs to be hooked on the green lever of the actuator. Move that shroud out of the way and you'll be able to see what you're aiming for. Good luck, all!