PDA

View Full Version : Loud bang?

pjnoto
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
I have an 04 civic si. When i punch it in first gear or shift in to second quickly there is one short loud bang emmitting from the area near the front left wheel.Then it wont do it again. Has ne one had this issue? i havent been hard no this car and i cant figure out what it is. i checked my motor mounts and there fine so it must be something in the diff. i just cant tell and it really sucks because i just bought this car.

trickkykidd.02
05-11-2008, 08:59 PM
without seeing it I cant help but it sounds like suspension or motor mounts due to the fact that it happens intermittedly.

there are 3 motor mounts and even if they look intact they could be cracked and motor shifting. It only happes intermittedly because the motor shifts and stays in the new position.

Also check the main fron LCA bushing. THey are large rubber mounts just like motor mounts. Mine look pretty dry and I expect them to blow out some day.

third, check to make sure strut bolts are snug, unlikely but also take off wheel and inspect bolts on strut arms. two main bolts 21mm or something should be 100 ft lbs torque.

gl.

pjnoto
05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
thanks. il check that tommorow.

pjnoto
05-13-2008, 07:39 PM
nope no broken motor mounts.And strut bolts are all snug. I just dont get it

The new Paul03
05-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Is your exhaust mani hitting the fire wall ? Mabey the strut is going

dann_04
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Do you have a stock intake? I think some of the aftermarket ones allow you to enjoy some "backfires" through the intake...but can't be sure, anyone else know? Thats my guess because that is where the intake is and your hearing a bang under wot. Hope it helps.

talonXracer
05-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Probably wheel hop.