PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for complete 5 lug conversion

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Lost all the info during the site crash. Needed more info on 5 lug conversion. I would like to reuse as many stock components as possible from my car.

Fronts

Front Hubs
Front Calipers
Front Rotors
Front Axles w/ Axle Nut
Front Knuckles

Rears

Rear Calipers
Rear Rotors
Rear 5 lug bearing assembly
Rear Dust Cap

Am i missing anything. Thanks guys!

BaLisTek
05-12-2008, 11:03 AM
YESSSSSS

my bud is going 5lug. I can pick up his rims after he gets tired of them

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 11:04 AM
YESSSSSS

my bud is going 5lug. I can pick up his rims after he gets tired of them

bastard! lol.

Windchaser
05-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Seriously, all you need are the hubs from the 04-05 Si. Everything can be swapped over, but remember to replace all the boots and seals.

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Seriously, all you need are the hubs from the 04-05 Si. Everything can be swapped over, but remember to replace all the boots and seals.

Thing is I can't find a 04-05 si. This guy locally has rsx type s suspension/brake components, is it identical?

Windchaser
05-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Thing is I can't find a 04-05 si. This guy locally has rsx type s suspension/brake components, is it identical?

I'm sure they are similar if not identical. The Type S swap is worth it if you can get it for cheap. If you are going with the Type S swap, the calipers for the rear are identical. All you need:

Rear:
Dust Caps
Hubs
Rotors

Windchaser
05-12-2008, 11:19 AM
For the front, you don't really need the knuckles, but is is easier to just remove the stock knuckles and use the knuckles from the Type S. Your main concern is getting that ball joint removed up front (it is so bitchy). Everything on your list for the front will do!

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks Jerry. Would you happen to know if I need spacers to run the ap1 rims?

BaLisTek
05-12-2008, 11:28 AM
bastard! lol.

can i just pick your next set of rims.. so i get the ones i want?:mangel:

sorry no tech. knowledge on this subject, but it seems jerry def got you covered on this

JDMCivicEP3
05-12-2008, 11:34 AM

AP1 wheels:

Front:
16" x 6.5", +55 offset, 205 tire
Rear:
16" x 7.5", +65 offset, 225 tire

You tell me lol =)

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 11:49 AM
hella tucking! lol.

4 fronts @ +55 offset. Spacers here i commmmmmmmmme! =(

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Let's hope the install runs smoothly!

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 11:57 AM

see i went with the type s swap cuz its what was supposed to be on the car, its the exact same setup as the type r ep3, cept the callipers dont say type r on them, woopty doo (looks cleaner without it anyway)...

looks like your list is complete sir!!...

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes, off a 2006 rsx type s. =)

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Yes, off a 2006 rsx type s. =)

are you saying you got 06 type s swap?? cuz if you did then youll need the front lower control arms and different brake lines...knuckles are different on those

off an 02-04 are the easy ones

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 05:08 PM
are you saying you got 06 type s swap?? cuz if you did then youll need the front lower control arms and different brake lines...knuckles are different on those

off an 02-04 are the easy ones

e brake lines? or just brake lines? let me know because i just picked them up. oh yeah lca were included and the brake lines!

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
e brake lines? or just brake lines? let me know because i just picked them up. oh yeah lca were included and the brake lines!

i meant the brake lines, or atleast this is what i remember from research...also i dont remember on the ebrake lines, maybe yours will work, maybe they wont i dont know...

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 05:22 PM
i meant the brake lines, or atleast this is what i remember from research...also i dont remember on the ebrake lines, maybe yours will work, maybe they wont i dont know...

I hate the ephatch.com's crash. no more useful information. I sure hope I dont need the ebrake cables etc.

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I hate the ephatch.com's crash. no more useful information. I sure hope I dont need the ebrake cables etc.

i cant imagine you would the rear brakes should be the same still...

Windchaser
05-12-2008, 05:42 PM
No you don't need to swap the hand brake cables. In fact, try to avoid putting an stress on it because it can damage you emergency brake unit. For the 2006, you don't need the LCAs, but you should swap it out anyways because it will be easier if the LCAs are already attached to the the Type S assembly. The brake lines need to be swapped out because you should never use brake lines that were sitting around. Dirt and other crap will damage you ABS unit if not flushed out properly.

SinisterCivicSi
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM

25mm - we just picked up a set of 4 for someone w/ an ep. got em off ebay. optionselects is the sellers name. :rockon:

none? i think we are doing pretty good with recovering the info. its organized different now, not sure if everyone saw that. we linked the old stickies into 1 sticky to make them easier to find.

also - inspect your knuckles boots, if they are damaged or cracked, replace them. they are super cheap at majestic honda. same for tie rod end boots if they are damaged. i still have all the pics from the diy i have, i just lost all the written steps.

team ERA 5
05-12-2008, 06:51 PM
thanks mary. do you have the link to the pictures. those would be very helpful

25mm - we just picked up a set of 4 for someone w/ an ep. got em off ebay. optionselects is the sellers name. :rockon:

none? i think we are doing pretty good with recovering the info. its organized different now, not sure if everyone saw that. we linked the old stickies into 1 sticky to make them easier to find.

also - inspect your knuckles boots, if they are damaged or cracked, replace them. they are super cheap at majestic honda. same for tie rod end boots if they are damaged. i still have all the pics from the diy i have, i just lost all the written steps.

SinisterCivicSi
05-12-2008, 06:54 PM
oh yeah, pm me your email so i can send them over.

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 06:58 PM

oh yah mary i havnt forgotten about you and the abs sensors...i still havnt had a chance to properly diagnose my problem with the abs, so i still dont know if i need the stock sensors...my brake setup has gotten my attention a few times now when im going 70 and go for hte brakes and press way more htan i need to (since fully pressed is at level with a lifted throttle now haha) and i lock up the brakes at 70 haha...havnt done that in a while...im enjoying not having abs again, so i may just get it working then pull the fuse...i like the added control in the dry without it...

SinisterCivicSi
05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
holy crap - be careful! lol

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 07:08 PM
holy crap - be careful! lol

nah im used to it now, it locks up but it goes straight as an arrow, but thanks...

i learned to drive on a car with no abs and no power steering, and then drove that car for 6 years...so it took a bit to get used to again on the ep without abs...ive had to reteach my left foot again for the brake haha...ive been testing the limits a little in our parking lot at work after everyone leaves (im usually 1 of the last people there)...wet weather is good too for testing it in the lot...

team ERA 5
05-17-2008, 01:41 PM
hey bro, I just finished the install, everything went real smooth, except the speed sensor. I believe they go in too far and was triggering the abs. So i just pulled the fuse for now. I'm looking into the rsx-s speed sensors.

RedSiBaron
05-18-2008, 10:51 AM
hey bro, I just finished the install, everything went real smooth, except the speed sensor. I believe they go in too far and was triggering the abs. So i just pulled the fuse for now. I'm looking into the rsx-s speed sensors.

yah you can shim the sensor, look at the service manual, you need to make sure the abs sensor is within clearance to the teeth on the axle, i used the rsx abs sensors, but one or more must be bad cuz my abs isnt working and the light is on...lame i think one of hte wires had a short, i think i saw 1 was damaged...i dunno...i could care less about abs, i may just pull them

team ERA 5
05-18-2008, 04:28 PM
yah you can shim the sensor, look at the service manual, you need to make sure the abs sensor is within clearance to the teeth on the axle, i used the rsx abs sensors, but one or more must be bad cuz my abs isnt working and the light is on...lame i think one of hte wires had a short, i think i saw 1 was damaged...i dunno...i could care less about abs, i may just pull them

no one would happen to have a pdf file of the speed sensor? :mangel::mangel:

RedSiBaron
05-18-2008, 04:43 PM
no one would happen to have a pdf file of the speed sensor? :mangel::mangel:

the stock clearances are:

front: 0.4-1.0mm (0.02-0.04 in)
rear: 0.2-1.0mm (0.01-0.04 in)

hope that helps!!!!

team ERA 5
05-18-2008, 04:51 PM
the stock clearances are:

front: 0.4-1.0mm (0.02-0.04 in)
rear: 0.2-1.0mm (0.01-0.04 in)

hope that helps!!!!

i threw a spacer inbetween the sensor, so the bolt wouldnt scrape up against the rings, I guess i need more clearance. Thanks for the info bro. You've been a lot of help lately! :mwink: