PDA

View Full Version : Audio Install Help

BOOST FREAK
05-12-2008, 12:33 PM
sup all!!!

I'm trying to install speakers into the third row of a 99 dodge durango with the stock infiniti system. The thing is, that there are no existing 3rd row speakers. I have purchased the speakers, amp, and amp install kit. My question is, how do install these? any help is greatly appreciated, i'm trying to get this done before friday.

RON
05-12-2008, 12:47 PM
sup all!!!

I'm trying to install speakers into the third row of a 99 dodge durango with the stock infiniti system. The thing is, that there are no existing 3rd row speakers. I have purchased the speakers, amp, and amp install kit. My question is, how do install these? any help is greatly appreciated, i'm trying to get this done before friday.

So you want to put additional rear speakers? And you have no stock mounting location? Going to have to cut some holes brother!

Do you have the factory HU? If so your going to need a LOC (line out converter) get a signal to the amp.

BOOST FREAK
05-13-2008, 08:23 AM
i got the holes and speakers ready :msmile: its the wiring i'm not too saavy with.

Yes i want to keep the stock head unit, I know its not the optimal solution, but there are more reasons to keep it.(its my fathers truck)

RON
05-13-2008, 08:45 AM
i got the holes and speakers ready :msmile: its the wiring i'm not too saavy with.

Yes i want to keep the stock head unit, I know its not the optimal solution, but there are more reasons to keep it.(its my fathers truck)

You need to go buy a LOC (line out converter) and then splice into the rear speakers!

For Example:

Find the current Right REAR speaker... going to need the signal going to that speaker splice the signal (+ & -) run that new signal to the LOC right terminal... it will have a place to put the positive (+) and negative (-) you just spiced into. This will give you your Right RCA signal. Now repeat on the left!

Then run you Power and ground like normal... Your going to need to find the wire spool under the driver side front dash and splice into the main remote power line to have the amp turn on properly. Not sure what the color is but check a dodge forum.

Any other questions?

edit: I meant BUY on by! LOL

BOOST FREAK
05-13-2008, 11:40 AM
You need to go by a LOC (line out converter) and then splice into the rear speakers!

For Example:

Find the current Right REAR speaker... going to need the signal going to that speaker splice the signal (+ & -) run that new signal to the LOC right terminal... it will have a place to put the positive (+) and negative (-) you just spiced into. This will give you your Right RCA signal. Now repeat on the left!

Then run you Power and ground like normal... Your going to need to find the wire spool under the driver side front dash and splice into the main remote power line to have the amp turn on properly. Not sure what the color is but check a dodge formum.

Any other questions?

thanks for the help. I'll be attempting to do this on thursday or friday. I'll be on here if any problems come up

BOOST FREAK
05-19-2008, 08:56 AM
i did the install...everything went smooth. It was easier than expected since the factory system had an amp installed already so i just fed my loc from the inputs. Now I have a small problem, the speakers make a whining sound, if i rev the engine, it goes up, if its idling it goes lower. I checked all my wiring and its fine..any suggestions??

RON
05-19-2008, 10:55 AM
i did the install...everything went smooth. It was easier than expected since the factory system had an amp installed already so i just fed my loc from the inputs. Now I have a small problem, the speakers make a whining sound, if i rev the engine, it goes up, if its idling it goes lower. I checked all my wiring and its fine..any suggestions??

Ok did you run a amp for the speakers or not? Your kind of going back in forth! It is motor interference! Your signal wire is picking it up! Get audio lines away from power wires! And make sure you have a good ground.

BOOST FREAK
05-19-2008, 11:44 AM
sorry for the confusion. i installed the LOC, and a new amp for the speakers that i just installed. I think i confused you when i mentioned the stock amp, i only mentioned it because I was able to feed off the inputs going to the stock amp.

so just make sure my RCA lines are not running close to the amp power cable, and make sure the ground is a a good grounding point?

RON
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
sorry for the confusion. i installed the LOC, and a new amp for the speakers that i just installed. I think i confused you when i mentioned the stock amp, i only mentioned it because I was able to feed off the inputs going to the stock amp.

so just make sure my RCA lines are not running close to the amp power cable, and make sure the ground is a a good grounding point?

COOL! I GET WHATS UP NOW! LOL

Your getting motor interference. Make sure your grounded properly and I personally think ground lines should never be longer than a foot and a half.

Also make sure the LOC is no where near power. I would recommend putting the LOC inputs from the out source of the amp (stock factory amp) for a stronger signal to the new amp (if you haven't already done it)! It will sound much better and you will be able to tune the amp much easier!

BOOST FREAK
05-25-2008, 12:06 PM
i seperated the rcas and the power line going into the amp and got rid of about 85% of the noise, i still hear it slightly....

i think im going to rewire the loc on the output of the stock amp

RON
05-26-2008, 01:27 PM
i seperated the rcas and the power line going into the amp and got rid of about 85% of the noise, i still hear it slightly....

i think im going to rewire the loc on the output of the stock amp

is there a ground on the LOC? And are you using it?

BOOST FREAK
05-26-2008, 05:26 PM
yes there is, and I am using it

RON
05-27-2008, 08:04 AM
yes there is, and I am using it

Don't use it! LOL

It is not needed! See if that helps!