PDA

View Full Version : k24/k20 supercharged

viking9934
05-12-2008, 03:23 PM
I know my question look stupid but i'm tired of thinks to too mutch things so : if you have a frankeinstein k24/k20a2 and you put a jrsc , you take the supercharge for the k20a2.

another question
if you do a port and polish do the booost give by the sc gonna drop, because of more flow? or gonna stay as the manifacturer say's?

Lucid Moments
05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
You can use either s/c the blower unit itself is identical. The only difference is in the s/c manifold, the tensioner assembly and the belts that come with it.

With mine I am using the one for the EP because I already had it. There might be some benefits in flow from the RSX s/c manifold, but I doubt it would be significant, and that is offset by the extra cost of having to purchase the correct tensioner assembly.

As for porting you might see a loss in pressure due to the increased flow, it is just going to depend on what other supporting mods you have. With a K24/K20 frank the most likely bottleneck is going to be the header depending on what you are running. I had the JRRH and when I went to a custom header and exhaust I saw a 23 whp gain with tuning.

viking9934
05-12-2008, 04:03 PM
for the frank witch k24 block have you? I building one , got the k20a2 head but i keep looking for a block but dont know crv or tsx block... and also supercharger or turbo.

clujalolo
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
well a k24a1 is your best for the price cus its so cheap, but if you are not changing any internals, and money is not a big issue that by all means go with the k24a2, more power. but the k24a1 is your best considering the price and they can handle about 450whp turboed. personally i would get the k24a1, because its cheaper and with the money you save you can get some other mods. :mcool:

playap07
05-12-2008, 08:54 PM
well a k24a1 is your best for the price cus its so cheap, but if you are not changing any internals, and money is not a big issue that by all means go with the k24a2, more power. but the k24a1 is your best considering the price and they can handle about 450whp turboed. personally i would get the k24a1, because its cheaper and with the money you save you can get some other mods. :mcool:

i second that! im tempted to buy a k24a1 after i get tired of my k20a3!

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-12-2008, 09:37 PM
if your gonna do a k24/k20 sc make sure u get 11:5:1 compression pistons some cams,rods,valvetrain,a2 oil pump and some good headers and kpro and u will tear up the streets.....

freddy914
06-02-2008, 08:12 PM
if your gonna do a k24/k20 sc make sure u get 11:5:1 compression pistons some cams,rods,valvetrain,a2 oil pump and some good headers and kpro and u will tear up the streets.....

is it safe with 11:5:1 compression cuz im doing that same setup with my motor and people are telling me that comp. is to high..

Lucid Moments
06-03-2008, 04:37 AM
11.5:1 is a little borderline. People have been doing it with s/c'd K20A motors and making decent power, but there are real risks. On the flip side there are people running RSX-s at 11.0:1 compression and have been doing it for years. I was looking at running something close to that, but the only shelf piston for the K24 frank at close to that compression ratio is a 11.1:1 from Wiseco and I haven't found anyone that has it in stock. I was running into time issues so I went with what I could find in stock and that was 10.2:1.

civichbsi209
06-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I personally would go nothing higher then 10.5:1 because I depend on my boost application to make the power and depend on the motor to stay intact. Increasing your compression in boost application is counter productive. Because generally you want a safe compression so you can turn up the boost and not worry about breaching that area were your compression is going to hurt your ability to boost more and effectively.