PDA

View Full Version : why do newer civics think they are faster?

ApexinSi
07-11-2002, 10:00 AM
I've been seeing alot of the newer body style civics...even test drove one before driving the si. The interrior doesn't look bad...but the car is slower than dirt....and for some reason I see these dumb cars all the time and they all think that their car is faster than mine. I tried to race one, but once he saw my whole car get the quick jump he stopped cause he knew he had no chance. These newer civics are slow....slower than older model civics...whats wrong with honda?...

Brenetics
07-11-2002, 10:09 AM
The car as a whole is nicer but I agree it's not fast at all, but it's still a Honda so I'm obligated to like it:D

btw my wife has an 02 LX nad she loves it, which is all that matters to me.

SBC31
07-11-2002, 10:09 AM
I assume you mean the 2001-02 Civic Coupes?

ApexinSi
07-11-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by SBC31
I assume you mean the 2001-02 Civic Coupes?

Yup

Pradamuimui
07-11-2002, 11:59 AM
I dont have any idea why they think that they are faster, but I hate to dissapoint them but YOU GUYS ARENT FASTER THEN OUR SI's!!!!

EL-DOG
07-11-2002, 12:28 PM
I just traded in my 2001 ex coupe because it was soooooo slowwww .... I had to literally punch the gas pedal to get anywhere... and the engine was so loud and not smooth at all....

TezGari
07-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Another Si hater.............Its honda's new ways of doing things.. honda wants, performance,transportation and quality in thier cars, not just "Speed" thats what the type r is for.

SmoothOperator
07-11-2002, 02:01 PM
I can't wait till a coupe owner pulls up next to me and revs. There are a shitload of them around here who think they're badass.
They've got huge power gains from their windshield squirter lights, and cheap mufflers. makes me ill.

02TafWhtSi
07-11-2002, 03:26 PM
I think the 7th generation is a giant step forward for Honda. Compare this gen with the 4th or even 5th gen. and its almost like a completely different car. My friend has an 02' EX sedan and it feels like a almost like an Audi A4 or Mercedes C-class - solid, quiet, smooth, and really European looking. It doesn't have much in the power dept. but we can always hope for the future. BTW, I was a signature away from buying a cranberry red EX sedan 5 speed before I spotted the Si and the rest is history...but if I ever want a car more in the way of something a little calmer and with 4 doors there is no question in my mind it will be a brand new Civic sedan :) .

RacingCivicSi02
07-11-2002, 05:36 PM
Cuz they slow. And they alway get beat on by other car. So they need to think they fast in order to get a race with other people. Or their juss a jackass who think stickers add 15 hp. and hood LED add another 100hp. U know the ricers.