PDA

View Full Version : Confused about High Flow Cat?

nos4mao
05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
If I were to get a high flow cat. What comes with it. Is it just the cat on the pipe or is it just the cat or what? Also just to clarify.... doesnt the Megan test pipe exclude the cat, which would mean more emissions and raspy/ricey exhaust?

i3urton_31
05-12-2008, 07:10 PM
If I were to get a high flow cat. What comes with it. Is it just the cat on the pipe or is it just the cat or what? Also just to clarify.... doesnt the Megan test pipe exclude the cat, which would mean more emissions and raspy/ricey exhaust?

the megan test pipe does not meet emissions regulations and yes it does make teh car louder and unfortunatly a bit more raspier. the high flow cat is jsut a cat replacement with higher flowing piping i beleve but it does meet states regulations as far as i believe. a test pipe will give u a bit ebtter performace tehn the cat but is "illegal" then the race header is a straight pipe from headers down to teh exhaust piping

nos4mao
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
gotcha man... totally understand now!!..

T_Virus
05-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Not all high flow cat's are carb legal and meet the state's regulation...I would check with your state laws first...So far the famous one that is Carb legal is Random Tech but not all of them...

Lucid Moments
05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Random Tech is also the only one that I am aware of that is a straight bolt in. The others that are available will have to be custom fitted. So keep that in mind as well.

somejaykid
05-13-2008, 11:02 AM
yeah what they say

Gilmour
05-13-2008, 01:27 PM
You'd want to keep a eye on the cell count of the cat, which normaly determines if its legal or not. Up here in Ontario all high flow cats and test pipes are "for off road use only". Also watch out as many high flow cats can burn out quickly and you may not pass a tail pipe test with it in a year or two.