PDA

View Full Version : K20Z3 swap help

Word
05-13-2008, 09:32 PM
For anyone who has done a Z3 swap please I need your help.

I was able to get my hands on a Z3 for cheap and I wanted to swap it in my EP.

I just wanted to know does the a3 a/c compressor fit the z3. The alternator doesn't fit so I was wondering about the compressor. I got a ton of questions but I figure one at a time is better than trying to just rush you guys

Thanx for any help you can give...

k20z3ep!!!
05-13-2008, 10:51 PM
yeah the ep3 compresor works, i thought the alternator did to i could hav sworn i used mine.

socmex7
05-14-2008, 01:04 AM
k20z3ep!!! where'd you get the Z3?? how much was it? i've been looking into it and can't find one... can ya help me out?

Word
05-15-2008, 12:03 AM
yeah the ep3 compresor works, i thought the alternator did to i could hav sworn i used mine.

Thanks a lot man

k0o... well the problem is the alternator my buddy brought from an a3 didnt sit completely flush on the mounting points... like the two bottom bolts were perfect but then there would be a gap between the top of the alternator and the engine (like i need spacers kind of a gap)... I could be wrong though anyone got some input on this?

Word
05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
What were the exact modifications did you have to do to get the ep3 cluster to work with a Z trans? Please feel free to be detailed...

k20z3ep!!!
05-16-2008, 07:37 PM
k20z3ep!!! where'd you get the Z3?? how much was it? i've been looking into it and can't find one... can ya help me out?
well i got it from a dismanteling yard, kindof new someone, the car was crashed. i got the rans from the z3 for sale if anyone wants it, let me know.

What were the exact modifications did you have to do to get the ep3 cluster to work with a Z trans? Please feel free to be detailed...

i actually got my type s tranny on the z3 because i didnt have the money and time to have to deal with the cluster/harness and the mount problem.i needed my car up and running as it was my only way of transportation.