PDA

View Full Version : Messing with cam angles

classiccelica
05-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Ok I have had Kpro for a little over 7 months now but have never messed with my cam phasing. How do I do this and get good results. I am affraid of messing with it too much cuz that is the cam angles. Please any assistence is greatly appriciated.

talonXracer
05-14-2008, 08:48 AM
You need to use a dyno to tune the cam angles. You need to be able to measure the gains/losses and then compare/blend the results. I think there has been some programs/products developed thru third parties that have accelerometers and use a USB-laptop to run concurrently when datalogging. It is something I havnt really researched as to it's actual usefullness.

classiccelica
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok how much was that accelerometer thing and where can I get one

Slip_Angle
05-14-2008, 05:59 PM
If you don't care about getting an actual HP or Torque figure at the end of your tuning, you can just use kpro and theta dyno or raz dyno and tune your angles. These applications (free) will plot your power and allow you to see which cam is making the most power at any given rpm. You then create a calibration based on the information and you will have the same results as you would achieve on a dyno, although with no actual number.

I did this a couple weeks ago and it works well. See this thread on crsx for information.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=292428&page=19

Of course you can still get a hp/tq number by doing a couple of runs on the dyno and see what you efforts gained.