PDA

View Full Version : problems after it dropped :)

jtyler05si
05-14-2008, 02:13 PM
i've read about the warranty stuff about, if your shit broke it then they wont cover it....

warranty....the only reason why i have not dropped it yet...

i want to drop it 1.5 with eibach springs.... with stock shocks....

what problems could come up or have come up for you, because of dropping your car...

all i can think of is scratching bottom. also how neccessary is a camber kit for a max of 1.5 inch drop?

thanks

ep3civic2nr
05-14-2008, 02:17 PM
you wont scrape with a 1.5" drop. and chances are nothings going to break with your suspension.

jtyler05si
05-14-2008, 02:21 PM
ya well im an incredibly unlucky person so i want to know what can happen cause there is a chance that it will....

also what about camber, how important? just bought new tires little while ago, dont want to **** them up

3ree_P
05-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Naw your car is gunna ride kool wit a 1.5 drop , I have a 2.0 skunk2 drop on my car with stock struts it rides pretty good even tho with some nice struts its gunna ride G but it rides good

thetunersource
05-14-2008, 05:14 PM
dont worry about warranty, the only thing they can deny you for is the stock springs and shocks, if they try any bullshit then use the magnuson moss warranty act

oogy-boogy
05-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Moved...

MugsyTheGr8
05-14-2008, 06:13 PM
do yourself a favor and get aftermarket shocks at the same time. if you drop with eibach sportlines, it will blow your stock shocks.

jtyler05si
05-15-2008, 06:28 AM
all very helpful.....

and sorry you had to move it, i thought about that after i posted it.... i originally thought it was going to lean towards warranty aspects so i left it in general...but i was wrong
thanks

oogy-boogy
05-15-2008, 06:36 AM
all very helpful.....

and sorry you had to move it, i thought about that after i posted it.... i originally thought it was going to lean towards warranty aspects so i left it in general...but i was wrong
thanks

No worries. Just keeping it organized :mcool:.

sloweredcivic
05-15-2008, 07:38 AM
From everything i have seen, unless your an extreme auto crosser stock struts will do for a year or so with a 1.5'' drop. After looking at how much struts cost and a descent set of springs i am just going to do low end tein's or skunk2 coil overs.

oogy-boogy
05-15-2008, 07:53 AM
do yourself a favor and get aftermarket shocks at the same time. if you drop with eibach sportlines, it will blow your stock shocks.

Exactly. I went ghetto as well (stockies with Eibachs) and I was only able to get ~1 year of use before I started having issues. If I were to do it all over again I would've saved and installed my D-specs at the same time.

CivicS
05-15-2008, 11:47 AM
1.5 wong get u any scarp.....i think u should buy the camber kit to adjust the toe, make sure ur tires wont eat fast than normal...... and get an good alignment aftward

MugsyTheGr8
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
1.5 wong get u any scarp.....i think u should buy the camber kit to adjust the toe, make sure ur tires wont eat fast than normal...... and get an good alignment aftward

camber kits adjust camber, toe is adjusted by the tie rods on the front...

ohdamngetit
05-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Definately get upgraded struts to match the drop springs. Look at it this way, why go through the hassle of installing the drop springs with stockies knowing that they are gonna blow in due time just to do it again to correct the problem? thats just my .02 cents

oh and get a rear camber kit too, I got the progress sport springs w/specs and my rear camber is off.

silver hatch
05-15-2008, 08:03 PM
At least get a rear camber kit and do an alignment. Your tires won't last very long if you don't. I heard of stock shocks lasting a while with a 1.5" drop, I think it might have to do with how well the roads are where you live though.