PDA

View Full Version : dlr dilema

luelmendoza
05-14-2008, 03:51 PM
i just intalled a fog lights that i bought from ebay. the fog lights is now working but the dlr all of a sudden is not working after installing the fog lights. dlr lights, on the dashboard is lit even i put my handbrakes down while the car is running or driving but it will go away once i turned my headlights on and look outside the dlr is working fine. not like b4, once i put my handbrakes down, the dlr light on the dashboard dissapear and the light turn on outside. also i notice, when ever i put my oem alarm on, everylights flush INCLUDING MY FOG LIGHTS(when on). what gives?

SyckSiR
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
hmmmm.....did u run your foglight power to your drl fuse???

luelmendoza
05-14-2008, 11:08 PM
no, i did not run thru the fuse box. instead i added an extra feet of wire, connected it together and straight to my battery terminal. and the remaining wire was plug into the fuse box. ( the kit comes with prongs with three wires on it the fits on the fuse box and the other wire is for the power source. please help, this thing driving me crazy.

SyckSiR
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
no, i did not run thru the fuse box. instead i added an extra feet of wire, connected it together and straight to my battery terminal. and the remaining wire was plug into the fuse box. ( the kit comes with prongs with three wires on it the fits on the fuse box and the other wire is for the power source. please help, this thing driving me crazy.

sounds like u connected it to ur drl fuse then man....... try switching the fuse that u tapped to another....

SiR R8TD
05-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Check to make sure one of your bulbs did not burn out. Even if one is burnt out, they both won't work. Try using the high beams, if one is out, then thats the messed up bulb. If both bulbs are good, check the grounds located in the d/s fender @ the front of the frame. If it's all full of crap, spray some brake cleaner & make sure the grounds are tight.