PDA

View Full Version : alarm install advice

lordofthesiths
05-14-2008, 03:51 PM
i just got a viper 5900 alarm. about to install it this weekend.
any advice or experiances installing alarms?

jtyler05si
05-15-2008, 05:32 AM
yeah i found it a bitch how all the wires are so damn short....that is, the wires under the dash.

Other than that relatively easy..... other than that i guess i probably would have taken out the front seat to make it easier to maneuver but not neccessary... Oh and i hope you have a meter to help find some things...

Good luck

VegaS10
05-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Most of your wires can be found at the factory alarm harness. Very, very simple car to work on.

I put the alarm brain to mine under the driver seat and extended everything.

I did a simple write up in the diy section.

Do you plan on using the remote start feature?

lordofthesiths
05-15-2008, 06:07 AM
I'd rather not use the remote start but i don't know what wires not to connect. plus i think i would have to get something from the dealership for it to work BC of the resistor in our keys.

VegaS10
05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Take it to be professionaly installed.

lordofthesiths
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
i checked out your dyi.
i should be able to install it myself. I'm an aircraft mechanic and i work on olot more complex systems than this, im just used to manuels that actually tell you what you need to know.
i think DEI makes it a vague as possible so you have to get professionally installed.
so the green plug in the pic is the oem alarm harness?

VegaS10
05-15-2008, 05:04 PM
The DEI manaul is VERY informative. Keep in mind, they make these to work in every single car. For basic wiring of our cars go to www.the12volt.com . It has pretty much all the wiring info you will need.

The green plug in my write up is the OEM alarm harness. You will need to diode isolate the door triggers, and run the hatch off the blue/trunk wire. Other than that, it's a piece of cake.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~41005

Our wiring in the si is the same as the one listed.

lordofthesiths
05-15-2008, 08:57 PM
ok that helps a lot. thanks.
you may get a pm from me if i run into problems.