PDA

View Full Version : Injectors and bad idle

clutch797
05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
So i took my rc550's out and put in the stock k24a1 injectors in. Now the idle is poor but smooths out after it warms up. I know i'm gunna get flamed for this but, The fule rail and injectors were left in the back of my truck b/c i never thought i woul use them again so rain and everything else may have gotten to them. There was also fuel left in the injectors and fuel rail for about 3 months so i'm not sure if they are just blowing the crap out an maybe i need to run some kind of cleaner through them. What do you think it could be?

03Si757
05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
So i took my rc550's out and put in the stock k24a1 injectors in. Now the idle is poor but smooths out after it warms up. I know i'm gunna get flamed for this but, The fule rail and injectors were left in the back of my truck b/c i never thought i woul use them again so rain and everything else may have gotten to them. There was also fuel left in the injectors and fuel rail for about 3 months so i'm not sure if they are just blowing the crap out an maybe i need to run some kind of cleaner through them. What do you think it could be?

You have KPro right? If not try Idle relearn, I had the same issue and I did the relearn and it seems to have worked for me. But I would also def clean them puppies good.

talonXracer
05-14-2008, 05:40 PM
You probably need to street tune. The 550's have an erratic spray pattern and that could be reflected in your calibration.

clutch797
05-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I thought about that, but i'm thinking that since there was fuel left in them for 3+ months that it could be that they are gummed up really bad. The tune i started from was using stock injectors and i have not messed with the tune at idle, just 3k and up. The idle was perfect with the 550's.