PDA

View Full Version : Official Venting Thread

DownTheHatch
11-12-2002, 03:56 PM
This thread is for you to vent your emotions about stuff that has happened to your car. I started it because right now I have a bunch of stuff to fix that has piled up.

I am upset, I dented my A-pillar, my CV boot is ripped (the people who installed my springs ripped it, put another one on but it was too small so it ripped again) and I have a big nail in my rear tire. This will be the 4th tire I've had to replace, a full set!

To get the dents fixed I'll have to put out $160, this includes the a-pillar from me pressing my hand on it while jacking the car up to look at the cv boot, and the small door dings. I ordered a CV boot for $30 from Honda with clamps, I'll be putting it on myself this time to avoid more damages.

Other stuff that has happened is I hit a curb and bent one of my rims, not bad though. I have two dents on my roof from dropping my type-r spoiler on it. I have numerous scratches in my interior plastic. My seats "suede" is starting to feel like sandpaper.

I could go on and on right now because I'm depressed about my car having stuff wrong with it. Right now all I want is my CV boot fixed, my dents gone and my tire replaced.

So here's my list:

1. CV Boot ripped, grease spraying all over my white wheels
2. Dent on my A-pillar
3. Door Dings on my door
4. Big Dent on my lower rocker panel
5. Two dents on my roof by spoiler
6. Nail in tire
7. Plastic scratches in interior
8. Shocks blown
9. Have the wrong springs on my car, 2001 civic
10. Paint has so many scratches in it and stains from bird crap
11. Seat material is wearing away
12. Bent rim
13. New car smell is gone

I love my car to death, I think I love it too much because I am depressed that it isn't like it was when I first bought it. It's like I've been abusing it.

I feel better now, thanks.

jaydub
11-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Yeah, well... I scratched my wheel the first day I had the car. :p

TrippZ
11-12-2002, 04:08 PM
:/

cant think of anything wrong with mine. it was on the showroom so a few things are missing/bad.

i scratched my rims the second day i had it, so bam

PoRT
11-12-2002, 04:18 PM
finally ;) i recommended htis way back when i blew out my tire and bent my rim lol

CleanBlackSi02
11-12-2002, 04:20 PM
I hate stone chips on my front end.
I hate the punks that left a line of white paint in the road causing it to spray the insides of the wheel wells and my undercarriage which I cut my hands all over cleaning.
I hate the terrible job the body shop did when repairing my crushed hatch and the fact that even when I polish it I still see imperfections and everytime I go back to get it buffed or "fixed" it looks worse.
I hate people with belts and metal on their pants that lean on my doors.
I hate people who don't watch their doors when parking close.
I hate the fact that I don't have a daily driver and a full out performance car I can baby.

IceD out N CALI
11-12-2002, 04:24 PM
my only complaint is that some soccer mom scrathed my rear bumper in the supermarket parking lot with her shopping cart. GrrRrr. At the time I didnt realize she scratched it (thought she jus bumped into it) GrrRrr it didnt come out when I buffed it out, so touch up paint here I come.

Jpax
11-12-2002, 04:35 PM
I hate plastic scrapes in my interior.

hacim
11-12-2002, 04:37 PM
I dont have much but heres my list.

1. I also hate the rock chips
2. When the seal on top of my car was replaced they didnt set the seal right on the passenger side of the car
3. I have 2 scratches from the car being on the showroom floor

Thats it for my Si but the wifes 02 Volvo V40 goes like this.

1. Replaced both front tires after the did an alignment that didnt help
2. Replaced boost control sensor
3. Replaced 02 sensor twice
4. Replaced rear whiper
5. And its been sittin at the dealership for two days now cus the check engine light has come on for the third time. The computer is spitting out an 02 sensor code again and they dont know why.
6. They are replacing the speakers that where on back order that they never called us about

Hows that for a list?

dannysi
11-12-2002, 04:41 PM
Where to Start.......

I have a dent on my rear hatch just bleow the window from a softball that hit it.
I have swirl marks all over the car from the car washes......
I have dozens of stains on the paint from Bird crap(F*#@ing birds).
I have a deep scratch on my passenger door from the middle just below the window to the middle of my rear fender from a kid the hit the car with a bike.
I have another scratch from my front bumper(pass side) to my rear bumper from a car wash i had gone to(Won't er go there again)..
The weather stripping on both doors are not staying in place. I took to the dealer to have it fixed and all they did was cut a piece of the stripping off... Now i have an extreme amount of wind noise and water leaks into the car................
The fender on the passenger side has a scratcon it from some sitting on the car with a pair of jeans on(if i find out who it was I'll, I'll......dunno yet what i'll do)
I have a chip on my front glass from rocks on the highway....
I have 2 chips on the pillar(pass side) from rocks falling from the overpass.
My rear bumper hqas numerous scratches on it from other cars parking behind me.
My rear license plate was installed incorrectly by the dealer... Had to fix it myself.

I am extremly depressed about all the stuff that has happened to my ep....I love my car.
Basically what i need is a brand new paint job to cover up all the scratches that the car has. There goes about $3,500 for a good paint job.

On top of the fact that my car has all these scrathes and dents the one thing that really pisses me off is the fact that i paid close to (Dare I Say).......

$26,000.00.
That is including:
Car (obviously)
Extnd Warr
Lo-Jack
Alarm
Finance charges
And last but not Least....
$3,000.00 in Taxes.............8.25% in NY.
SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Phew!** Takes a deep breath**
Glad to have gotten that off my chest...................

ULTRAMANIA
11-12-2002, 05:14 PM
my situation probably won't be as bad as DTH's sorry about that DTH, but once again i like to say that i SCREWED MYSELF on buying the erebuni CTR replica kit... yea.. i'ts just there sitting in my garage all painted and pretty that i can't do anything about.. but.. recently i heard you can get the bumper covers and make it fit which gives me lots and lots of hope for it but i still gotta spend a grip more money to get them covers.. damn... well there's my two cents

fASTBACK
11-12-2002, 05:24 PM
Got my car back from the dealer today. I put it in for transmission service because i get a slight grind from 1st to 2nd sometimes. They said that they couldn't duplicate the problem so they can't do anything. They freaking drove my car for 9 miles and they couldn't find anything!! A service guy even drove with me to see if it would occur and it did. And when it did he wasn't paying attention!!! That basterd!! They drove my car for 9 miles today!! They might as well take their friends out for lunch in my car!! They told me they hung the RPM pretty high and even drop gears to find the problem but couldn't find anything. I told them S.O.Bs that it happens during NORMALl driving not when I RACE IT!!! They fu*king HOT RODDED MY CAR!! I don't know what they did when they drive my car!!! It doesn't feel the SAME!!! DAMN IT!!

dannysi
11-12-2002, 05:37 PM
Whoa FastBack relax......

NamingException
11-12-2002, 07:22 PM
When I took my car in for the first oil change, the service guys somehow managed to break off one of the pole covers on my battery. I don't know how important they are to have. Also, they didn't fill up the oil all the way! I checked the dipstick when I got home and it was at the bottom hole. Needless to say, I will be doing the rest of my oil changes myself.

02blksi
11-12-2002, 08:00 PM
I hate my SI because i cant find anything wrong with it!!!

FUGGIN POS! --:) Joe. whose had nothing but "good times"

2k2SiAutoXer
11-12-2002, 08:39 PM
ive also had nothing but good times with my Si, damn are those back seats big. You just push the front seats all the way up and its like a freaking conversion van back there! anyways, no complaints except when my tire blew out on a highway exit ramp and I wecked the Si. Its been over a month that Ive been without my baby, it is gonna feel like getting a new car again when it comes back, new paint and everyhting.

zuljinSI
11-12-2002, 10:08 PM
well, i have to cuts in my front air damn from a curbing i got to close to, i got a scratched wheel from a curbing i hit and had to replace one tire..... some body dented my front finder with a crad door but it didnt scratch the paint and the honda place i got the car from payed to have it taken out and now you can't even see it :) i had the check engine light come on... took it to serivce no problems found though.. hasn't been on since ...

overall i LOVE my car and i've gotten great customer service from my honda place..

i do have a question though, were all 02s supposed to have the SI on the fron grill??? i've seen some with and some with out... i dont have one but i'm going to call my dealer ship and try and get one

ZuljinSI

IceD out N CALI
11-12-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by zuljinSI

i do have a question though, were all 02s supposed to have the SI on the fron grill???

ZuljinSI

yes they are supposed to come with the si on the front grill

HondaMan
11-12-2002, 10:12 PM
Ouch...I have a few scratches from installing my springs (luckily I had them replaced with the correct '02 Si springs early on), one ding and some minor damage to one of my wheels (also from installing my springs) I want to fix. That's about it...I just want the damn auto transport people to get their freaking act together and pickup my car and bring it here (its still in freaking Portland)! I'm getting very pissed about their lack of a sense of urgency on delivery my car sometime this year. Contacted the BBB about them, but doubt it will help. :mad: :'( :(

nx2kta
11-12-2002, 10:24 PM
just f@# up the xbox trying to mod it
damn to many soldering point
damn i fell better now:'(

66elwood99
11-13-2002, 01:04 AM
1. The stupid ass dealer who made me pay sticker in March, because these cars are SO rare and so hard to find.

2. My son's stupid ass buddy who back into the front end, while parked in the driveway.

3. having to go to the dealer for all the little problems, like windows,rear speakers, moldings.

4. :'(

Suk02Si
11-13-2002, 01:18 AM
So far I've been lucky

-Passenger side weather stripping wasn't installed properly but was taken care of within a couple hours. Got free floormats b/c of it
-Interior scratches, I hate those. I just buff 'em down with a moist chamois(??) whenever I notice them - works pretty good.
-The car sits to high, a friend thought I bought an Odessey.:mad:

atl-si
11-13-2002, 01:08 PM
Wow!!! Some of you guys have some issues here. My car has been good to me some far. I have almost 10K on the odometer and nothing seems wacked out yet. Well, except for the stupid scratches from the seat belts on the door panel.

silver ep
11-13-2002, 01:13 PM
Steering wheel makes rattling noise over bumps

Comptech Icebox taking forever to come out

Tokico shocks also taking forever to come out :mad:

yomamaInMySi
11-13-2002, 01:17 PM
"Hey how about you yoma? "Who me? Well I neglect the fuck out of it, and I don't care. I used to be sissyfied about cars, but not any more, I want to enjoy it. And guess What? The car has nothing wrong with it, he he! All wheels straight, no scratches, interior is perfect, alcantara seats are fine.;)

HK_EP3
11-13-2002, 02:30 PM
sumone dent my car at the rear passenger side, there were 3 small dents(very small), they had crust, so its hard to get it hammered or sucked back out, so i had to replace the whole rear quarter panel, the shop cut it off at the bottom of the rear right window, then cut the new quarter panel and shaved it back on, then painted the whole side of the car again... TOTAL COST: 3,450.00 luckily, i didnt have to pay, the insurance paid it up, and the shop helped me out wit the deductable...

freedomgli
11-13-2002, 03:43 PM
Ahhhh...... The perils of new car ownership. You feel terrible the first time you get a stone chip or curb your rims.

A little annecdote:

Last year I bought a dope ass Bianchi CUSS single speed mountain bike. Its MSRP was around $900. But when the shop mechanic was building it he dropped a tool on the top tube and put a big chip in the paint. The shop gave me a great deal on it so I bought it. They said, "Now you don't have to feel terrible the first time you scratch your new bike. And if you ride it like you're supposed to, they'll be a lot more chips where that one came from." When I got it home I just put a Black Flag sticker over the paint chip and smiled.

ep3guy
11-13-2002, 04:51 PM
only thing im complaining right now is that i dont know how to install springs, and i need help, dont want to go to a shop to install the springs, i have a friend thatll help me, but he keeps lagging so now i gotta wait even longer. my springs are laughing at me in the garage. :'(

VegasEP
11-13-2002, 05:54 PM
okay here's my battle scars

1) Backed into my barbeque grill on the third day of owning my car.

2) Curbed my front passenger rim on my way home from JayDubs pad.

3) Tiny tear on my passenger seat from my metal work folder.

That's about it for now, ill keep you guys posted.

Chris:D

jaydub
11-13-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by VegasEP
2) Curbed my front passenger rim on my way home from JayDubs pad.

Hahaha i didn't know about this! :D

chakra71
11-13-2002, 09:33 PM
well, besides the usual wear and tear on the car i have no complaints. ok, maybe one. i'm spending all my money on making payments/insurance/rent/food/crazy stupid stuff that i can't afford all the parts i want! no really, i love the car and i baby it like crazy, and it's been treating me well. :D

Glix
11-14-2002, 12:13 AM
Good:
Dealer fixed popping clutch, popping brake (still pops on occasion) and torn cv boot.

Bad:
1st to 2nd gear grind (Dealer refuses to fix it / Can't be replicated)
Interior scratches WAY to easy
My big ass friend broke the plastic clip on the bottom of my seat (in the back) with his big ass stupid shoes.
2 door dings (Starting to wonder if I should buy the door guards from handaccesories)
Car shocks the shit out of me everytime i get out (it's dry in phoenix)
Never ever ever drive with a cold drink between your legs the condensation stains the fabric. Grrr
Did i mention the interior scractches way to easy.
Oh and btw the interior scratches way to easy.
One last thing THE INTERIOR SCRATCHES WAY TO DAMN EASY.

/rant off

DEXTERBASE
11-14-2002, 03:57 AM
I have one door ding under the passenger side door handle, two 1" scratches above the left rear window, and a bunch of little rock chips on my bumper and hood.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, in september I was in Sacramento driving at about 11pm with my girlfriend in the car when I got hit in the left-rear section of my car on the freeway. The driver who hit me didn't bother stopping so I pulled into a gas station and just sat there for about two minutes afraid to look. I got out to find the taillight smashed, bumper dented (badly) and sticking out, Quarter panel smashed up to the gas door, and a scratched wheel. (We still went out and had a good time that night anyway)

Lets see, had the car for 45 days and its in the shop for two weeks getting fixed! All said and done it cost my insurance $3,650.

But if you think about it, going 80 mph and getting hit at that spot on the car, I'm stoked I lived!

2k2SiAutoXer
11-14-2002, 09:51 AM
you did not try to chase them? I wouldve tailed long enough to get a license plate number or called the cops on a cell phone and let them handle it.

sonic imperial
11-14-2002, 02:34 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with problems. I've got one small dent in the left drivers side rear panel. I know how that got there, but probably will just leave it unless something else happens, you can't see it unless you look hard for it. I wonder if insurance will fix something of such a small degree. My biggest complaints are the 1st->2nd grind/clunk and the tranny pop when you take off in first. I've had to add almost a quart of oil too, but maybe that is normal. I'm getting the first scheduled maintenance on saturday so we'll see what honda says about those 2 transmission issues.

sonic imperial
11-14-2002, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Glix
Good:
Dealer fixed popping clutch, popping brake (still pops on occasion) and torn cv boot.

What exactly was this "popping clutch" problem and how did they fix it?

toe knee
11-14-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by sonic imperial
Glad to see I'm not the only one with problems. I've got one small dent in the left drivers side rear panel. I know how that got there, but probably will just leave it unless something else happens, you can't see it unless you look hard for it. I wonder if insurance will fix something of such a small degree. My biggest complaints are the 1st->2nd grind/clunk and the tranny pop when you take off in first. I've had to add almost a quart of oil too, but maybe that is normal. I'm getting the first scheduled maintenance on saturday so we'll see what honda says about those 2 transmission issues.

Yeah i get this damn grinding in 1st to 2nd gear also. They won't fix it either brcause they can't replicated the problem. keep us posted on yuor maintenance.

efcee
11-14-2002, 10:34 PM
heh
wow there is alot of venting going down
thats one thing thats bad about having a nice car
trying to keep it nice

i was thinking
its almost more fun to have a fast 'not so nice' car that it doesnt matter if it gets a little trashed you can run things down and not worry heh and its cheaper
but its still nice to have a nice car.. dunno

dannysi
11-17-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by dannysi
Where to Start.......

I have a dent on my rear hatch just below the window from a softball that hit it.
I have swirl marks all over the car from the car washes......
I have dozens of stains on the paint from Bird crap(F*#@ing birds).
I have a deep scratch on my passenger door from the middle just below the window to the middle of my rear fender from a kid the hit the car with a bike.
I have another scratch from my front bumper(pass side) to my rear bumper from a car wash i had gone to(Won't ever go there again)..
The weather stripping on both doors are not staying in place. I took it to the dealer to have it fixed and all they did was cut a piece of the stripping off... Now i have an extreme amount of wind noise and water leaks into the car................
The fender on the passenger side has a scratch on it from some sitting on the car with a pair of jeans on(if i find out who it was I'll, I'll......dunno yet what i'll do)
I have a chip on my front glass from rocks on the highway....
I have 2 chips on the pillar(pass side) from rocks falling from the overpass.
My rear bumper has numerous scratches on it from other cars parking behind me.
My rear license plate was installed incorrectly by the dealer... Had to fix it myself.

I am extremly depressed about all the stuff that has happened to my ep....I love my car.
Basically what i need is a brand new paint job to cover up all the scratches that the car has. There goes about $3,500 for a good paint job.

On top of the fact that my car has all these scrathes and dents the one thing that really pisses me off is the fact that i paid close to (Dare I Say).......

$26,000.00.
That is including:
Car (obviously)
Extnd Warr
Lo-Jack
Alarm
Finance charges
And last but not Least....
$3,000.00 in Taxes.............8.25% in NY.
SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Phew!** Takes a deep breath**
Glad to have gotten that off my chest...................

As if all this wasn't enough, I was driving home on sat morning(about 5am) when some one in a van decides to run a stop sign..
I had no opportunity to stop. Slammed right in to the side of the van. Car is wrecked. F@*#ed up part was that the other driver decided not to stop. I tried to get the plate # but the driver turn his lights off so i couldn't see the plate. I will try to post some pics of my wrecked SI:'( for every one to see.........Now i'm just waiting for the insurance company to see the car and tell me how much it would cost to fix.

sonic imperial
11-18-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by azn_supa_star01

Yeah i get this damn grinding in 1st to 2nd gear also. They won't fix it either brcause they can't replicated the problem. keep us posted on yuor maintenance.

Well, got my 5000 mile maintenance done (just following the owner's manual for severe driving conditions). About the tranny/clutch, they had the top technician drive it and he said he doesn't detect any problems right now. 2nd gear would not grind for him at all. He may be right about it too because driving to work today it did not grind once. He said they have it documented in the computer everything I told them, plus it's on my bill (which was $0 this time), so that if a problem does develop, they were told about it. He said just drive it and have fun with it. So that's what I'm going to do unless the problem becomes very evident and can be duplicated often.