PDA

View Full Version : gold rims?

bluedevilI
05-14-2008, 09:20 PM
im planning 2 paint my rims gold 2morow....is there a specific paint or clearcoat i should use? or can i jus use some generic paint?

Fish
05-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Duplicolor Wheel coating for the clear

beechstreet
05-14-2008, 09:54 PM
i used a high temp spray paint made for engines that i bought at autozone for like 5 bucks. for the year i rode on the rims, only a couple tiny flakes came off. i only used one coat. no primer, no sanding, and no clearcoat. people couldnt even tell they were painted.

GL!

rolldic
05-15-2008, 01:42 PM
why not get them powdercoated?

Windchaser
05-15-2008, 01:53 PM

many ephatchers are poor, let alone cheap :meek:

alex_chung_lee
05-25-2008, 07:28 AM
need to do them correctly to avoid peeling of the paint......take time and patients... it's do-able DIY...... i've seen many of my friends (nonEP) do them... but i have yet to try myself... i rather get aftermarkets

Teejay
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
i've done it before, get some aircraft paint remover to remove old paint or clear coat. After degrease the wheels with degreaser. Clean the wheel with soapy water and a scotch brite pad makes sure there is no soap or residue on the rims when your done drying them. then get some large index cards and place them in between the tire and the rim the long way overlapping each other. then begin applying the paint try to put the coats of paint on light and give them some time to get a lil tacky in between coats. I usually put about 4 or 5 coats of paint on each rim. Then add clear. I would use a high heat ceramic paint and duplicolor wheel clear. Good Luck.

donkeygong64
06-06-2008, 05:27 PM
many ephatchers are poor, let alone cheap :meek:

word up. You described me to the point

DRP967
06-20-2008, 06:43 AM

I second that notion, scrounge up the scrilla and do it right the first time man....powdercoat those shoes.