PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my car (what springs too use???)

Scivichatch02
07-11-2002, 11:39 AM
I was thinking h&r or eibach which ones do you guys think i should get ??

stingyboy
07-11-2002, 11:49 AM
both are great springs. it really depends on how much of a drop you want.

02TafWhtSi
07-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Yeah - its really personal preference. I like Eibach but thats only b/c I've used them twice before without any problems. I have a set of Pro-Kits (1" drop all around) on order which will be in early next week and I can't wait! I've heard only good things about H&R though but its really just personal pref. in the end.

beretta627
07-11-2002, 04:15 PM
most people who complain about the ride of eibach or h&r usually run the springs on weak stock shocks. with proper dampers, you will like either spring :)

-Chris

IceD out N CALI
07-11-2002, 07:08 PM
definitely Eibach Sportlines

Mechanic
07-12-2002, 03:29 AM
Scivichatch02, you might wanna check out the ClubSi.com site. Your question has been discussed by a grillion posters. I don't think you're gonna find one answer - I think you're gonna get three or four options and lots of reasons why the posters think they made the right choice.

Here's my two cents worth: From experience with VWs in the past (autocrosser), buying a large manufacturer's well-tested package (springs & shocks) is usually a good idea. The shocks match the springs (which is really important), the rubber bump stops fit, etc. You also can usually get solid tech support from the manufacturer if you've bought everything from one supplier.

I'd start by deciding what you can live with. Yes, lower looks cool, but all suspension choices are a compromise. You planning to autocross your car? Just look cool? Live in New England? If you opt for a set of springs that causes your car to bottom out on every expansion joint in the highway, you're gonna regret wasting all that money. As they say: "Been there, done that."