PDA

View Full Version : Removing stock alarm

Si.Ep3
05-15-2008, 12:02 AM
So i want to rip out my stock alarm and install an aftermarket alarm. may sound noob but do i need to take any kind of certain precaution to taking out the OEM alarm? like would anything happen if i take it out?

jtyler05si
05-16-2008, 06:11 AM
why do you need to take it out... just install the new one.... thats what i did... you can use the wires off the old alarm harness to hook up the new..... old alarm requires the original key fob that you wont have once you get the new alarm fob...

SyckSiR
05-16-2008, 07:33 AM
you dont need to remove the stock immobilizer to put in an alarm....the car does not come stock with an alarm, just an immombilizer.

RedSiBaron
05-16-2008, 07:39 AM
you dont need to remove the stock immobilizer to put in an alarm....the car does not come stock with an alarm, just an immombilizer.

i thought there was a factory alarm option...:noidea: read people talking about it on here

jtyler05si
05-16-2008, 08:56 AM
i cant remember... does the car honk at you if you lock the car with original fob and then you try to unlock car with key and open door?

v1c10us
05-16-2008, 09:15 AM
^^^^ ding ding ding
that would be a factory alarm, but I dont know anyone whos cars do that when using the OEM fob.

VegaS10
05-16-2008, 09:40 AM
So i want to rip out my stock alarm and install an aftermarket alarm. may sound noob but do i need to take any kind of certain precaution to taking out the OEM alarm? like would anything happen if i take it out?

Just unplug it. Hell, you can even leave the brain sitting there. When installing the new alarm you'll be using those OEM wires anyways.

RedSiBaron
05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
i cant remember... does the car honk at you if you lock the car with original fob and then you try to unlock car with key and open door?

^^^^ ding ding ding
that would be a factory alarm, but I dont know anyone whos cars do that when using the OEM fob.

well i dont remember what it does when i use the key to unlock it, but when i use the key fob the second click on he lock button makes it honk...i also have a red LED on the steering column that doesnt seem to ever light up (its not in flush, maybe the old owner dissconnected the LED)

so i have a factory alarm, bitchin...is it any good?

james04si
05-16-2008, 04:42 PM
so i have a factory alarm, bitchin...is it any good?

nope I have one also and all the theives did was break the glass and take what they wanted without opening the doors. its basically useless because it only triggers if the door is opened when the alarm is set. no motion sensors no bump sensors no glass breakage sensors. basically only a red flashing light. Its easy to remove just unplug the module. its next to the cruise control module and shares the same bolt to hold it under the dash.

2-k-4blksi
05-17-2008, 12:44 PM
true test of factory alarm, roll your DS window down, close your door. push lock button, then reach through the open window and unlock your door and open it......if car starts honkin then you have an alarm....if not then you dont.

BTW factory alarm is a POS.....alarm doesnt have a shock sensor so anyone can break your window and alarm will not go off.....thats how my radio, ipod, sunglasses and radar detector got stolen.........factory alarm is only good if someone opens your door....tellin ya POS alarm not worth the $400 extra my parents paid for it when they got it for me, lol.

buy a viper or clifford with remote paging.....it was on my new car and had a prelude with one on it...works great and have super long range to lock and unlock car.