PDA

View Full Version : Rbc disable dual runners?

MR.Pizza
05-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Why can't I disable secondary intake runner in kpro?:help: I see the option but it won't click.

talonXracer
05-15-2008, 03:55 AM
Unless you are running a base RSX calibration then it wont be enabled to turn off.

ep3moschini
05-15-2008, 05:01 AM
:mrolleyes: dual runners . . . RBC. . . . I am confused

BlownSi05
05-15-2008, 06:09 AM
the RBC intake mani (from the FG2) has two routes that the air can flow through the intake mani and into the combustion chamber. it is used in conjunction with vtec to lengthen or shorten the path of the air to the combustion chamber to maximize air flow and keep it more consistant, which means a smoother higher power curve. anyone chime in and correct me if i am wrong in this explanation:mconfused:

ep3moschini
05-15-2008, 06:19 AM
the RBC intake mani (from the FG2) has two routes that the air can flow through the intake mani and into the combustion chamber. it is used in conjunction with vtec to lengthen or shorten the path of the air to the combustion chamber to maximize air flow and keep it more consistant, which means a smoother higher power curve. anyone chime in and correct me if i am wrong in this explanation:mconfused:

:mrolleyes: Ive never head of that, I thought only the base rsx had that set-up on there plastic intake manifold. The RBC has 1 plenum and 4 runners, thats why its not efficent on the k20a3 because there is not enough air velocity for all that flow

BlownSi05
05-15-2008, 06:22 AM
:mrolleyes: Ive never head of that, I thought only the base rsx had that set-up on there plastic intake manifold. The RBC has 1 plenum and 4 runners, thats why its not efficent on the k20a3 because there is not enough air velocity for all that flow

its possible, lol like i said i wasent sure on it. that is just my understanding on dual runners. i like to talk out of my ass sometimes....haha:mconfused: i dont think pizza is running an A3 though.

ep3moschini
05-15-2008, 06:23 AM
its possible, lol like i said i wasent sure on it. that is just my understanding on dual runners. i like to talk out of my ass sometimes....haha:mconfused: i dont think pizza is running an A3 though.

no sir lol, the RBC only has one rout to flow :msmooch: im not saying he has an a3 im stating the RBC only has 4 runners not dual runners (8/ 4 short/ 4 long)

BlownSi05
05-15-2008, 06:25 AM
then i am dumb...lol my blond moment for the day. glad i got it out early...haha

MR.Pizza
05-15-2008, 07:29 AM
So I'm confused am I wanting to turn it off or no? The Rbc doesn't have dual runners, will that mess me up if it's enabled?

blueshark123
05-15-2008, 07:38 AM
If you have a PNF ecu from the SI this option should not be available. Leave it as is and dont worry about it

Lucid Moments
05-15-2008, 07:38 AM
So I'm confused am I wanting to turn it off or no? The Rbc doesn't have dual runners, will that mess me up if it's enabled?

You don't need to turn it off. The feature doesn't exist in your intake manifold so it won't make any difference.

MR.Pizza
05-15-2008, 08:04 AM
You don't need to turn it off. The feature doesn't exist in your intake manifold so it won't make any difference.

Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up.

I just saw the unclickable box has a checkmark in it and was thinking it was stuck on.