PDA

View Full Version : TSX hid's in JDM projectors

02nhbpep3
05-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I got my rhd projectors last christmas and modded the shields to have a flat cutoff line, but now I'm ready to move up to the TSX hid's. All I am going to need is ballast, bulbs, ignitor, and the shields from a set of TSX projectors. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong please and what year hid's do I need from the TSX.

MOOGEN
05-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I got my rhd projectors last christmas and modded the shields to have a flat cutoff line, but now I'm ready to move up to the TSX hid's. All I am going to need is ballast, bulbs, ignitor, and the shields from a set of TSX projectors. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong please and what year hid's do I need from the TSX.

-ballast
-igniter (unless it's built in, most oem usually aren't)
-d2s burners (bulbs)
-tsx projectors ( the whole setup or just the rear portion including the shields if you currently have h1 bulbs)

i'm assuming that you are running the h1 bulbs because you still need the hid hardware so yes you will need the whole rear portion of the projector. Most likely it is easier to just buy the whole projector housing. GL!

oh and when you do swap them out, remember to sell me the lenses from the halogen set.

Zeth
05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
when you do this let me know and i'll ride over and help you out, if you need me too.... i've been wanting to check out your harness anyway to see how hard it will be to make my own:mbiggrin:

CivicS
05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
i have the OEM ballast, igniter, harness for sale....LMK if you want them, those are perfect to match up wit ur stock projector!

02nhbpep3
05-16-2008, 04:52 AM
CivicS how much do you want for them and do you have any pics?

CivicS
05-16-2008, 07:21 AM
400 for them........ballast, igniter,wiring. LMK

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4189/s2kpartsyz8.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s2kpartsyz8.jpg)

02nhbpep3
05-16-2008, 04:02 PM
i'm assuming that you are running the h1 bulbs because you still need the hid hardware so yes you will need the whole rear portion of the projector. Most likely it is easier to just buy the whole projector housing. GL!

yeah I currently have h1 lows. The projectors on ebay seem to be around $200 and I have seen a couple that come with bulbs too. Would I be better off buying a quality hid kit like a phillips ect.. or going with the tsx setup?

MOOGEN
05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
yeah I currently have h1 lows. The projectors on ebay seem to be around $200 and I have seen a couple that come with bulbs too. Would I be better off buying a quality hid kit like a phillips ect.. or going with the tsx setup?

if you can find the tsx housing without the lense, it would be the cheapest route. Check hidplanet they got all that stuff. :juggle:

T_Virus
05-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Xiong, how is your headlight project going?