PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for the carbon fiber body kit

Dr. Design
11-12-2002, 05:50 PM
Hello All,
The kit price has been set at $1299 plus shipping for the full carbon kit without the wing. THE KIT IS AVAILIBLE TO PURCHASE SEPERATELY.
The pricing is the following:
Front Lip by itself is $549.00 (kit price is $499)
Side Skirt is $175.50 each (kit is $150.50 each)
Rear Bumper Cover is $549.00 (kit is $499)
Kit price is $200.00 less then seperately purchased items.
The fiberglass kit is still waiting for a final price and a production date. The Carbon Fiber Kit has been released first, and we are accepting orders now. You can either place your order through D3 or Fiberimages (the prices are all the same). If you have any questions please let us know info@dthreedesigns.com. To expedite your ASAP please contact D3 Automotive Designs.

Thank you,

fASTBACK
11-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Design
Hello All,
The kit price has been set at $1299 plus shipping for the full carbon kit without the wing. The fiberglass kit is still waiting for a final price and a production date. The Carbon Fiber Kit has been released first, and we are accepting orders now. You can either place your order through D3 or Fiberimages (the prices are all the same). If you have any questions please let us know info@dthreedesigns.com. To expedite your ASAP please contact D3 Automotive Designs.

Thank you,

Thats a pretty good price IMO. Is it a carbon fiber overlay on fiberglass? Isn't that how they are made? Is the fiberglass kit going to be cheaper? Is there going to be a kit made out of urathane? I like the kit alot and it looks clean. I really want it in urathane though but the carbon fiber is awesome.

Beachya
11-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Dang Mang...glad to see a kit that is actually going to fit! and out before the years end.

Whats the best nation........doNATION (someone lend me 1300)Whats the best city....generoCITY (someone lend xtra $$ for shipping)

Yeah, for the looks and material used I would pay that...maybe soon!

SubliminalSi
11-12-2002, 08:48 PM
What about the headlights??

IceD out N CALI
11-12-2002, 09:08 PM
thats a decent price for the kit, and yes what about the headlights?

66elwood99
11-12-2002, 10:35 PM
Dr. D

Can you please post some pics that were not taken on a black carpet. Some new pics that you can really see what the kit looks like. Thanks for all your efforts

Nice price :) , how bad is shipping going to be for us on the east coast?
Zip 15009

Thanks

Dr. Design
11-13-2002, 01:19 AM
We are getting ready to ship a kit out, so we will see what the average price would be for shipping will be.

We are trying to get more pictures of the kit on the car without it being on the carpet.

Headlights??? Well we are still looking at puting those into production. Please keep checking back with us for more updates.

Thank you,

Suk02Si
11-13-2002, 01:48 AM
The kit looks veeery nice in person. I saw it at SEMA and was amazed. 1299 is a great price; I talked to Wings West and they said their kit would go for 1149 w/flares and 749 w/o flares with a release date of March/April '03- IMO their kit is pretty ugly.

Carbon fiber can be painted right? How much lighter is it compared to fiberglass? I'm getting white wheels so I want to paint the kit white to match. I hope you'll make it in urethane soon;)

yomamaInMySi
11-13-2002, 07:05 AM
Hey doctor can you guys sell it in pieces, like the front and the side skirts only. I'm really interested, but I only want the front and the side skirts, I don't car too much for the rear. Thanks!

Gasp23
11-13-2002, 07:44 AM
Dr,

Is it like direct bolt on? Or does it have to be installed by a body shop.

Right now I'd be intrested in just the hood, then later the whole kit.

Very nice kit.

Suk02Si
11-13-2002, 11:26 AM
Does the price include the hood?

yomamaInMySi
11-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Nope, no hood just front rear and side

HK_EP3
11-13-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey D3, can you hook us up with a group buy, a couple bucks of would be nice :D

PoRT
11-13-2002, 02:47 PM
if i would have gotten diferent rims i would definatly buy that kit. i dont think the carbon fiber would look good with a white car with bronze rims, lol. if u make a poly u .. IM THERE, and i may purchase the fiberglass, but i'd rather poly u

HK_EP3
11-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by PoRT
if i would have gotten diferent rims i would definatly buy that kit. i dont think the carbon fiber would look good with a white car with bronze rims, lol. if u make a poly u .. IM THERE, and i may purchase the fiberglass, but i'd rather poly u
IMO, I think that combo would look pretty good... its almost like the one they have up there...

sniperSI
11-13-2002, 03:09 PM
I think items that are made SPECIFICALY for our cars, should not be allowed to be posted on here unless it is at a group by discount price or webmaster profits some.

You/we have created and help perpetuate this website, and now , for dealers and shops, it can be used as a HUGH targeted marketing tool for there companies. We will find out via word of mouth about these things however if the company wishes to post this kind of information, we should defiantly get a break or the website should get some money. They (the advertisers) stand to make a Hugh HUGH profit of what they post here with little or no kick back to the person who pays for this site or the people who frequent it. Sounds like were getting the short end of the stick while the manufacturers reap the benefits of having a dedicated website to advertiser there new product for our new cars, while we pay for their advertising.

just my 2 cents, but nice kit nice price, still think we should get a break or the webmaster of this site get some advertising dollas

Dr. Design
11-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Well,
That sounds real nice. We are all about giving back to the community that allows us to share our information with the end user. This is why we are working out details on advertising on a continuous basis. We understand that the web site does not run or pay for itself, so giving support is very high on our list.

Thank you,

Originally posted by sniperSI
I think items that are made SPECIFICALY for our cars, should not be allowed to be posted on here unless it is at a group by discount price or webmaster profits some.

You/we have created and help perpetuate this website, and now , for dealers and shops, it can be used as a HUGH targeted marketing tool for there companies. We will find out via word of mouth about these things however if the company wishes to post this kind of information, we should defiantly get a break or the website should get some money. They (the advertisers) stand to make a Hugh HUGH profit of what they post here with little or no kick back to the person who pays for this site or the people who frequent it. Sounds like were getting the short end of the stick while the manufacturers reap the benefits of having a dedicated website to advertiser there new product for our new cars, while we pay for their advertising.

just my 2 cents, but nice kit nice price, still think we should get a break or the webmaster of this site get some advertising dollas

sniperSI
11-13-2002, 03:51 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to come off like an asshole,

That kit would look great on my silver ep not painted, and i am seriously thinking about purchasing it, i just think if 10 of us purchase it would, that's almost the same as a distributor.

Either way, wasnt trying to flame, just trying to be the sterotypical jew that I am ;a)

Dr. Design
11-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Ohh! Don't worry about it! We didnt take it the wrong way. As a matter a fact we support what you said.

As far as the kit. Remember it will be availible in different colors at a later date.
Thank you,

Originally posted by sniperSI
Sorry, didn't mean to come off like an asshole,

That kit would look great on my silver ep not painted, and i am seriously thinking about purchasing it, i just think if 10 of us purchase it would, that's almost the same as a distributor.

Either way, wasnt trying to flame, just trying to be the sterotypical jew that I am ;a)

IceD out N CALI
11-13-2002, 05:38 PM
hey dr design if you guys dont want those prototype headlights i'll buy them of you guys

yomamaInMySi
11-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
hey dr design if you guys dont want those prototype headlights i'll buy them of you guys

yeah and get ready to donate your eyes for them too!:eek:

Acidburn
11-14-2002, 11:53 AM
I like the front lip and side skirts, but the rear bumper...ehhh. By the way, does the front lip fit on our bumpers? I'm takin a look at it and it looks like the kit at SEMA has a whole different lookin bumper. (or maybe i'm just retarded)

I like your Kit Dr. Design, but honestly - I'm waiting for your headlights. Those are the best freakin HL i've seen. If your a smart in business, start putting those in production. I'm thinkin about ordering the Mugen body kit, and bronze volk te-37s - and with your Headlights....damn! :D :D

Moose
11-17-2002, 08:38 PM
Dr., I'm interested in the carbon fiber hood... are you selling that and if so, how much? Should I purchase through you or carbonimages?

Dr. Design
11-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Hello,
The hoods should be purchased through Fiberimages.com. Please let us know if you need any other questions answered.
Thank you,

Originally posted by Moose
Dr., I'm interested in the carbon fiber hood... are you selling that and if so, how much? Should I purchase through you or carbonimages?

Suk02Si
11-19-2002, 01:08 AM
Why doesn't Fiber Images update their site with pics of the hood? Is it an oem hood or vented?

Moose
11-19-2002, 02:13 AM
I really hope it's vent-free and has got the OEM look to it... Christmas is comin' up.

Dr. Design
11-19-2002, 10:44 AM
The current CF hood is OEM style and is availible now. There are talks about making a vented hood, but that is still a little ways away at this point.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

Moose
11-19-2002, 10:49 AM
Dr. D,

Before I contact Fiber Images to order the carbon fiber hood, would you happen to know the weight of it is? The color? Also, what is the price it's selling for?

Dr. Design
11-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Hello,
The weight is about 10 lbs. and the colors availible are the following:
yellow/black
red
blue
silver (soon)
gold

The price on the hood is $600 plus shipping.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by Moose
Dr. D,

Before I contact Fiber Images to order the carbon fiber hood, would you happen to know the weight of it is? The color? Also, what is the price it's selling for?

USMCSI
11-23-2002, 12:30 PM
Dr. Design can we some pics of the wing, or a site we can see it at? thanks.

LordKoo
11-23-2002, 01:29 PM
Dr Design,
Will the front spoiler block the OEM fog lights?

Do you have close and nice shot of the kits?

66elwood99
11-24-2002, 05:15 AM
Dr. D

Again I ask for better photos (not taken on black carpet) to see the kit.
Thanks

Dr. Design
11-25-2002, 11:07 AM
Hello,
The front chin spoiler is not going to block the OEM fog lights.

The rear spoiler- There are no pictures to be seen as of now. However that will change in a few weeks. The wing will be designed to work with the styling of the kit. So you can expect the same aggressive JDM look.

Pictures.... Those are kind of scarce right now. However we have some that might work for what you are requesting. Let us know if these will work for you guys.

If anyone has any other questions please let us know.
Thank you,

IceD out N CALI
11-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Dr. Design, any new news on the projector headlights??

StreetKing
12-08-2002, 11:46 PM
I just got my SI and it looks great but .......

I NEED THOSE HEADLIGHTS!!!!!:p

Dr. Design
12-26-2002, 11:31 AM
Hello All,
Well the burning question about the headlights. We are not really looking at putting those into production. However we might offer it as a custom job for those of you who are interested. Please email us for the pricing. info@dthreedesigns.com
Thank you,

S.C.civic si 02
12-26-2002, 05:43 PM
I think everyone is paying attention to the headlights but isn't that an intercooler? If so what kit is that?

Dr. Design
12-27-2002, 10:52 AM
??? Intercooler??
Yes that is. It is a spearco product and it is our custom turbo kit that we are testing.
However we should try to keep this thread on topic. =)
Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by S.C.civic si 02
I think everyone is paying attention to the headlights but isn't that an intercooler? If so what kit is that?

I_VTEC
12-28-2002, 08:35 PM
Dr.: I sent you an email and am waiting for a reply. Thanks.

IceD out N CALI
12-29-2002, 02:56 AM
same here Dr Design. I sent u an email a few days ago, about the headlights

SpeedRacer
12-29-2002, 03:14 AM
i just e-mailed him too i hope he gets back to us soon i like those lights alot

SpeedRacer
12-29-2002, 03:14 AM
i just e-mailed him too i hope he gets back to us soon i like those lights alot

type r daddy
01-02-2003, 12:23 PM
hello everyone im new on here. I have been searching for this kit for soooooo long, just have a question does this chin spoiler fit on the type R bumper? I love this kit to bits! wondering how much it would cost to ship the kit over! but i would only want the front spoiler and side skirts!
Please help me answer these questions!! be good if there was UK distributor!

yomamaInMySi
01-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by type r daddy
hello everyone im new on here. I have been searching for this kit for soooooo long, just have a question does this chin spoiler fit on the type R bumper? I love this kit to bits! wondering how much it would cost to ship the kit over! but i would only want the front spoiler and side skirts!
Please help me answer these questions!! be good if there was UK distributor!

I have the kit and I don't think it will fit the the type R front bumper, the side skirts should fit fine.

type r daddy
01-02-2003, 12:44 PM
please dont say that it wont fit as i will start crying!!! :'(
you are on lucky guy!! i wish i had this kit on my car! wana swop cars? hehehe
why does it not fit? are the bumpers that different?

yomamaInMySi
01-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Yeap, sorry to say that the bumpers are very different, yours is shorter. But call fiber images or D3 design and ask Dr. Design, he should be able to tell you how much it will cost to ship the side skirts to the UK and if he can custome make a front shin for you. G luck!

type r daddy
01-02-2003, 01:11 PM
sorry to be a pain in the butt!! do you have the email address of the the places mentioned? thanks for your help mate!!! do you have pics of your car with the kit on? might have to get the si bumper from the dealers so that i can get the spoiler!

yomamaInMySi
01-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Here's the web site address for D3 Design, http://k7fx.com/d3/index.html

I have not put the kit on yet because the weather is pretty bad around here and I'm thinking about selling it. I need the money for school. Let me know if you're interested in buying it. You can email me at jmarin@technologyresource.com.

type r daddy
01-02-2003, 04:08 PM
how much you want for it mate? good price??? hehehehe :D

jo3y
01-02-2003, 07:15 PM
the lights Dr D.! THE LIGHTS!!!!

any new info on those sweet looking bimmer style projector lights???????

::drool::

yomamaInMySi
01-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by type r daddy
how much you want for it mate? good price??? hehehehe :D

900 for the 3 pieces, that's what I pay for it.

I_VTEC
01-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Did you all get replies about the headlights? I can't remember what the cost was, $1200-1500? Like I said before, I'm going to make some about $400/pr.

sibaroochi
01-21-2003, 11:46 PM
D3 YOU STUPID FUCK! CAN THE KIT BE PAINTED?? wake up, u slippin

Dr. Design
01-22-2003, 10:33 AM
That is a real nice way to ask!
Yes the kit can be painted.
Thank you,

Originally posted by sibaroochi
D3 YOU STUPID FUCK! CAN THE KIT BE PAINTED?? wake up, u slippin

sibaroochi
01-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Sorry for my style of questioning but I was reading nothin but questions on here and not enough answers. THANKS BIG "D"!!

PEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

sib.